20. Obsessed

{AUTHORS NOTE: Holy cow, thank you so much for 1.28k reads! that's honestly incredible and it's something that i didn't think i was going to achieve. i originally started this book for fun and the fact that it's got so many reads to say it's my first ever book is amazing. thank you again i love you❤️}

Potions class had begun and Melissa was keep a very close eye on Jade and Merida who were both sat together chatting amongst each other. It didn't help that Melissa was all the way at the front and they were at the back.

Melissa was secretly watching them when she saw Jade put her wand up the ring her and Fred collected from the Room of Requirement just a few weeks ago and casted a spell. She couldn't make out what the spell was but whatever it was, it wasn't good. Jade smiled and gave the ring to Merida. She put the ring on and gave a mischievous smile to Jade. Normally one someone would pull if they were causing trouble.
"I won't let you down." Merida said loud enough for Melissa to hear. Jade smiled and they both went back to doing their work.

~~~~~~~

Lessons were over and Melissa pulled Fred aside as he was coming out of his lesson.
"Somethings going on. And I have no idea what." she said.
"What do you mean?" he replied.
"I couldn't really hear them well but they were talking amongst each other and Jade brought her wand up to her ring and then said some spell I couldn't hear. she then gave it to Merida and she said 'I won't let you down.'"
"Woah. That's a lot to take in. There's so many things they could be doing. God knows what that ring does."

~~~~~~~~

It was after school finished and Melissa mad Fred were talking in the corridors. Not about anything in particular, just small talk. That was until they were approached by Merida.

"Hey guys!" She said with enthusiasm.
"Oh um, hey Merida." Melissa replied, scratching the back of her neck.
"So, do you guys like my ring. Jade gave it to me." She held out her hand and on her ring finger was the exact same ring Fred and Melissa got from to Room Of Requirement. They both look at each other with wide eyes then back at Merida.
"Its beautiful just like you." Fred said to Merida. Melissa's jaw dropped.
"FRED WHAT THE HELL!" She screamed at him.
"I didn't say that! She made me!" He tried to convince her.
"Don't. lie. to me." Melissa angrily gave him the deadeye, fuming about what Fred just said to Merida.
"Stop being so jealous." He continued
"J- Jealous!?"
"Babe I swear this isn't me." Merida just stood their with the same cheeky look Jade pulls when they're arguing.
"Get out of my face." Melissa said quietly, still in shock. Fred slowly started to walk away not turning back to look at her.

"Maybe you are just a bit too obsessed with him?" Merida said to Melissa. Melissa slowly raised her head and looked Merida dead in the eyes, not breaking eye contact.
"You get out of my sight too. Before I flip." Merida giggled and walked off all cheerfully. Melissa on the other hand sat on the floor leaning against the wall with her head in her hands. So many thoughts were going through her head. None of them she wanted to think about, she just wanted to get back to the common room and get some rest.

Once she got back to the common room Jade was sat on the sofa, kind of like she was waiting for her.
"Ah, Melissa. Rough night?" She laughed at her.
"I'm not in the mood Jade."
"Oh come on. Where's that lover boy of yours?
"I said i'm not in the mood Jade."
"Ugh, your so boring."
"How come your all interested now eh! You've never given one shit about my life and now that there's some drama between me and Fred your all interested!"
"Oh don't be so full of yourself, I just love tormenting you."
"Just piss off Jade. Your a bitch and you know you are." Melissa dragged her feet across the floor up the stairs, leaving Jade laughing alone in the common room.

Fred was waiting for Melissa in her room, he was sat on her bed with his head in his hands. His breath was unsteady and his whole body was shaking. His golden hair was all messed up and out of place. Like he'd had some sort of breakdown. Once he saw Melissa walk into to room he immediately stood up and started talking.
"Mel I-"
"Save it." She said, "I'm not in the mood Fred."
"Please Mel, hear me out."
"Leave me alone Fred."
"Mel."
"Go."
"Mel!"
"Go!"
"MELISSA!" Melissa lowered her hand that she was pointing at her door and look up and Fred slowly.
"Hear me out. Please." She went and sat on the bed as he did the same. They both sat in silence next to each other for a few seconds before Fred started to speak.
"It's the ring. It's making me say things."
"Oh yeah blame it on the ring! What a believable excuse!"
"MELISSA! STOP I'M SERIOUS!" She sat done again and didn't say a word.
"The spell she cast on the ring, every time Merida taps it, it makes me say something that she knows will make you angry, break us apart."
"That's ridiculous."
"Just trust me please." Melissa had never seen Fred in this state before. She wanted to believe him but something about her just thought of it as an excuse.
"Fine. I believe you."
"Thank you!" Fred sighed and hugged Melissa in relief.

Although Melissa didn't believe him, she was going to trust him, because she loved him and that's what he wanted her to do. She knew she'd be having to keep and eye on Merida for the next new days.