uno.

"Oh Katniss dear," My boss chimes from the other room in a mocking tone. Venom seeping off her words.

I sigh whilst shaking my head. I rise from my uncomfortable position on the white sleek tiles. I take small careful steps. The hallway is grand with unnecessary ivory ornaments and diamond chandeliers hanging off the glossy ceilings. I peek through the doorway. She stares at me with a devious smile. Her Capitol fashion blinding my eyes, fluorescent pinks and greens cover her slim frame.

"Come, come." She says.
I walk idly towards her, and stand beside her, my head looking down at the marble floor.
"Aw don't be shy," she exclaims once again in her deafening Capitol accent.
"Em well you see that," she points her red acrylic nail in the direction of the stain on the carpet next to Glimmers king sized bed. I nod in response.
"Why is it still there?" She exclaims in a boisterous voice. I open my mouth, and shut it again. I move away from her not prepared for the consequences.

"Here let me help you," she says.
"You see this remote?" she asks pointing to the small metal device in her hand.
"And you see that small collar on your neck? And those bands on your arms and legs?" She continues.
"Well they are there for a reason."
"Would you like to see what happens when I press this button?" She asks innocently. I shake my head briskly.
"Oh that's right you're new to the job!" She clasps her hands together. A deceitful grin on her face.
"Oh don't be silly! Every new Avox gets to experience it!" She exclaims a devious grin still plastered on that fake face of hers.
"No need to be scared," she coos in yet a still mocking tone.

I slowly back away from her, I'm just a step away from exiting Glimmers room when I fall to the floor. I cry out in pain as I hit my nose on the marble, blood flowing, so much blood. The pain. The pain is excruciating, spreading throughout my limbs, making them numb. The throbbing in my neck, arms and legs, she's still holding down the button on the remote. That same sickening grin on her face. I try to speak, let the words flow out of my mouth. But it doesn't happen, it never will. Never will I ever speak, I'm trapped here. No longer am I a prisoner of the Capitol, but a prisoner of my own body. It will always be like that, unless. Unless I do escape, they wouldn't be able to give me my daily injection, or does that even affect my voice? I don't even know. I don't even remember my family or my surname. They took me, they tortured me. And I forgot.

The constant buzzing from the bands dies down but the pain remains. I lie helplessly on the ground. Gasping for air like a fish out of water. She kicks me in the stomach with her pointed shoe. I whimper in pain and wrap my arms around my legs.

"Next time, do what your told," she says causally her heels clicking as she exits the room with ease, as if nothing ever happened. I prop myself up on my elbow carefully and catch my breath. I push myself up with all the effort I retain. I stumble over my feet, losing my balance but this time the bed is there to catch me. The bed, its so soft and comfortable. I seal my eyes shut. I pretend I'm at home and that I have a family. I pretend my mum has woken me up, I pretend that I have a life, something to actually live for. Only a few seconds later I realise what I am doing. I can't. I have to forget about the forgotten. how can I miss someone I don't know? The memories there all gone. Slipped out of my head. The keys to the whispers of the past in the hands of the Capitol. Never to be returned.

I kneel down my legs protest from the pain I had just endured but I ignore it. I bleach the pure white rug, hoping the stain would disappear. Soon enough it does, the mustard yellow stain becomes pale almost white yellow. This'll have to do I think to myself.

The blood is sprayed on my arms and my reflection is horrific. Blood smeared on my left cheek. Deep purple bags hanging under my dull lifeless grey eyes. My lips. Pale and chapped. This is me. This is who I am. My name is Katniss and I am an Avox.

-Authors Notes-
So this wasn't a very long chapter I wanted to keep it short because I liked how I ended it. I wrote this early on in January and I've not touched it ever since... Anyways I decided to publish it to see how you all think, but I hope you enjoy it. I found this chapter interesting to write because I had never written something like this before it was good. Have a lovely day my lovelies!
-Ashley✨