"Really!" he exclaimed.

It tasted like shit.

"Mmhmm." I chuckled before pressing my lips to his in an attempt to avoid having to eat anymore of the mess. "Thank you Lou-lou..."'

He grinned against my lips as his nose bumped mine, "Anything for you Harry. Happy birthday..."

My fears vanished a midst the charred cake bits that threatened to stop any and all air that filtered through me, and the sweet taste of Lou's mouth. I could say goodbye to the worries that tried to race my heart as Louis quickly beat them. For the moment I had all I needed and I didn't need to think about souls that hadn't yet passed on and things that might bring harm to what I loved. All I needed to calm my nerves was wrapped up in the boy in front of me. 

------------Week Later------------

"Harry?" 

I glanced up from the textbooks that covered the floor in front of where I was sprawled out on my stomach. "Hm?" I hummed as his stare met mine.

"My mum invited me up for the weekend. Will you be alright here?" he asked with his cell phone still attached to his hand and near his ear. 

Louis was going to leave for the weekend? "Yeah, I'll be fine," I smiled at him before continuing my revisions. End of the term final exams were approaching and I would be busy with studying so it would be quite alright for him to go. I wouldn't be able to pay him much attention anyway.

A smile tugged up the corners of his lips before he spoke into the phone, "Yeah, I'll be there in a few hours mum!" His footsteps echoed through the house as he stumbled his way up the stairs. 

The sound of drawers being carelessly thrown open began to reach my ears moments later as I tried to refocus my attention on the letters that were, for the moment, floating about the pages in aimless wanderings of things that I wouldn't understand any time soon. I rested my chin on the edge of the closest textbook with the hope that touching it might force my body to absorb it.

"I'll be going then Hazza!" he shouted as he almost fell down the steps with his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Lou..." I murmured as I pushed myself to my feet and threw my arms around the stumbling boy. "Slow down. You're leaving me too quick," I mumbled into the coat covered spot on his neck. 

His bag thudded to the floor as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "I'll be back before you know it..." he hummed into my curls as he stood on his toes. 

"Get out then, can't come back if you're still here," I shoved him lightly with a grin.

He stumbled over his bag before hauling it up onto his shoulder and stalking toward the door, "Styles, I swear." He shut the door less than quietly as I stood there in the new silence. The car started and he pulled out of the drive way as I caught a small glimpse of his disappearing presence through the curtains on the windows.

A small sigh escaped my lips as I turned to look back at the now empty house. I glanced at the textbooks with diminishing interest and didn't bother to return to my studies for the moment. 

I wandered about the bottom area of the house before trekking up the steps to our bedroom. I aimlessly straightened out the drawers that Louis had pulled out and picked up the clothes that he deemed unworthy of travel. 

It had been quite a while since Louis and I had actually spent any substantial time apart. Really, the last time had probably been when Louis still wasn't sure that he was in fact Louis. 

My fingers twirled the tips of my curls as I stared about the slightly tidier mess of a room before moving back down the steps to my textbooks. I would have thought that studying without Lou there would have been much easier. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I had grown used to the loud, forever young boy that would mess about and poke at my ribs while I tried desperately to concentrate. It wasn't like he had been gone long either.