S1 E1: Camp Cretaceous

Start from the beginning

Dave says, "Wait. Dino-Kid, Dino-telepath, Track-star, Internet girl, Barfy, Texas. He's right. Where's seven?"

Roxie looks at the attendance sheet and groans.

Then comes the sounds of a helicopter landing nearby, kicking up dirt and dust. A man with a brown uniform opens the helicopter's door. Revealing a boy with a pink shirt, tan shorts, sunglasses. Roxie gestures with an unimpressed look at Dave. Kenji, the world's richest idiot.

"Greetings, my dudes!" says Kenji as he steps out of the helicopter. He is carrying a duffel bag as he walks toward the group. "Kenji is here, so let the party commence!"

Kenji shoves his bag into Roxie's arms. "Put this in my room," Kenji says. Irritated behind belief, Roxie blew a stray strand out of her face.

Kenji says, "So what's your deal?"

As Kenji struts, and I do mean strut, I wonder Who died and made him king.

Then Roxie tosses the bag right into Kenji's back, knocking him down.

"Okay!" she announces cheerfully. "Let's go!"

I get on the truck's back and buckle myself in. Everyone else boards on. Bubblegum girl takes a selfie. Dave drums up to his seat. Kenji seats down right next to me. I glare at him. He just smiles.

Roxie starts up the jeep. With a lurch the jump is on the move. Everyone buckles themselves in. Ben yells out, "I hope you got my mom's note. I don't do well on windy roads."

Bubblegum girl says, "What's good, Brooklanders? It's your girl, Brooklyn, coming at you from the best place ever- Camp Cretaceous! Like and subscribe to join me, as I... unbox Jurassic World."

Brooklyn turns to face everyone, "Okay, I need you all to say who you are and a little about yourself. Aaaaaaand... ACTION!"

Before anyone could object, she aimed her phone at the african american. He says, "Oh! Um... I beat this awesome VR dinosaur game. I'm Darius, by the-"

" I'm sorry," says the black haired girl with a southern accent, cutting off Darius. "I just can't believe- you're Brooklynn! I'm Sammy Gutirttez, total Brooklander! Kapow!" She imitates gun fire. "Oh, also, my family supplies all of the beef for the Park and that's how I got here!"

Brooklynn smiled at the black haired girl saying, "Great to meet you, Sammy!"

"Um... what's a 'Brooklander'?" Darius asks.

"Oh, that's just what my online followers call themselves," Brooklyn reples.

"Uh, all twenty-seven million of us!" Sammy added excitedly.

"Yep!" says another girl. "That's why she's the only one who gets to keep her cell phone. She's 'famous'. "

Kenji says, "hold on. Rich," he points to himself, "and famous?" he points at Brooklynn. "Oh, meant to be."

Kenji grabs hold of Brooklynn's phone and takes a selfie.

I say, "Great now you can bug her instead of me."

"Why would he bug you?" asks Sammy.

"I'm both." I say.

"Both? Both of what?" asks Darius.

"I am rich and famous. I'm a dinosaur telepath." I shrug, "And more."

"You're a dinosaur telepath?" asks Darius.

I nod my head.

Kenji moves closer to me. He throws his arm around her. He says, "I mean if Temperance and I were not dating. It would be meant to be."