Chapter 1: Singapore Flyer

Today is the first day of work and Yonas in his casual attire make his way to Singapore Flyer by MRT (Mass Rapid Transport) to Promenade Station. He found this part time job in a "Part Time Job" telegram group chat. He loves providing customer service to people and furthermore it pays $15 per hour, a really good pay according to the market rate in Singapore.

Although he has a small side business being a private chef, he still need a job to add on to his monthly income. 

Remembering the interview was a group interview with all the potential part timers still gives him shiver, as this was his first ever job interview in a group although he is already 29 years old. Thankfully, he did reasonably well in the interview and was shortlisted for the high pay part time job. 

Yonas still has the youthful appearance and most people might thought that he is only in his early 20s. Wearing a round nerdy spectacles, he consider himself only average looking so giving him the reason why he still can't get a long term partner since his last relationship three years ago. 

Staying single has become a habit since then...but deep down he still want someone whom he loves in his life.

He is still a half closet gay, since he has already recently let his close friends know about his sexual orientation.

It was really early around 7am when he make his way to Promenade Station, he fell asleep on the train... 

"Next Station...Promenade Station!!!" The sounding announcement on the train woke him up. 

He quickly prepare to alight on the next stop

He quickly prepare to alight on the next stop. It was 7.30am, and he still has half an hour to go before the reporting time at 8am.

"Arggg, hope that I'm not late..." He mumbled to himself, hoping that he is not late on the first day of work, it won't set a good impression to his supervisor he thought to himself. He quickly walk out of the station and make his way to his work place in a quick pace.

"Yes! Just In time!" He reached Singapore Flyer at around 7.50am.

He saw familiar faces gathering outside the gantry of the Singapore Flyers. He quickly walk towards them. 

After around 5 minutes of awkward silence,  well groomed middle age Chinese guy walk towards our direction and greeted us. 

"Good Morning Everyone!! I'm Ben, your supervisor for the day.  I am glad that you guys are early, let me do a head count first...when I call your name please acknowledge. Thank you..." 

"Serene....Here...Tom...Here...Jeremy...Here....Mabel...Here....Taufiq... Here...Jane... Here" 

"Yonas....I'm here!!!" 

Excitedly Yonas acknowledge loudly and raised up his hand up high, but slowly regretted his decision...and put down his hand quickly, as he noticed all the part timers beside him look at him smiling... as if he has make a joke out of himself. 

Yonas smiled back shyly...but still looking forward to know each and everyone of them later. 

There's a total of 15 part timers at the moment, with a balance of males and females hired by Singapore Flyer. Another aim for Yonas will also be hoping to make more friends during time here. 

Maybe he can meet his Mr Right here? 

Ben allocated their work location for the day and everyone was buddied with one person, and also allocated a senior with all the groups to guide them on what to do during work, sought of on job training for new comers. 

Yonas was excited as usual and was really curious who he will partner with, he and Mabel was group together for the day.  

Mabel is a small size girl who looks like she was 16 years old, but she is actually 21 years of age. 

"Hi, I'm Yonas and you are?" 

"Heyyy Yonas, I'm Mabel! Nice to meet you! Happy Working!"

"Nice to meet you too! Yeahhh, hope nothing cock-up later...hahahas"

"I think should be fine bah...just follow the senior instructions." reassured Mabel. 

Soon after, they were busy with their scope of work after the customers start to rush in. 

Mabel and Yonas was in charged of the self ticketing kiosks and their job is to guide the customers to use the kiosks and to regulate the people at the gantry. 

"Welcome to Singapore Flyer, may I help you with the Kiosk?"

Yonas get into his "customer service mode" and everything went smoothly. Both of them barely have the time to talk to each other since it's a Saturday and there's lots of visitors to Singapore Flyer. 

Finally it's time for lunch break. They were given 1 hour for their lunch. By this type they were both really hungry, and quickly rush to the staff canteen for lunch. They each hold a Staff Pass, which entitled them to have another 20% Discount for their meals. 

Yonas ate Chicken Rice since while Mabel ate Tom Yum Soup with noodles. 

"Wah you can really take spicy hor, Tom Yum already spicy still add chilli?!" exclaimed Yonas. 

"Yea lor...I like the spice HAHA!" Mabel replied. 

"Sad, for myself I can't take spicy food, I will sweat a lot and my face will turn red easily. Not sure why, although I really like the taste." explained Yonas. 

While eating their food they both share with each other what are they doing in life. 

And slowly turns to topic on relationship

"Hey Yonas, are you attached already? Hehe..." 

Yonas awkwardly look down on his almost finish food thinking that he shouldn't open up to Mabel yet, since it's only the first day and not sure if she is really a true friend, even though he has good impression for her. 

"Erm....I'm Single" Yonas quickly replied. 

"Arhhh... Okay." Mabel give an smirky smile to Yonas as if he knows what he was thinking about just now. 

Yonas looked back at Mabel and said " Oi What!? Finish your food lah, so slow, we left with 15mins only later kerna scolded, then GG liao" 

"HAHAHAHA!!" Both Yonas and Mabel laughed and quickly finish their food and return back to work....

----------------------------- TO BE CONTINUED--------------------------