A Forsaken Wedding

So, this is a story I wrote last year for my art class, we had to write a short story that explained a drawing we did. this was my story and I just came across it today in my sketch book so I thought I would type it up and post it for fun. I know this isn't great, I wrote it in 45 minutes so the plot is not good and the writing is not my best but it's entertaining. Don't be afraid to laugh at it because I was on the floor dieing of laughter when I wrote it and then reread it, the plot is a bit ridiculas, but oh well. :) (And if your curious the picture on the cover is actualy the drawing/painting I made that goes with this story)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once there was a man and a woman who were deeply in love and were engaged to be married. The day of the wedding was bright and sunny. The man was exceedingly eager to be married and arrived at the church an hour early. When the time came for the bride to walk down the isle the music played but the bride never appeared. The man was confused, where was his bride? The man stayed for hours at the church waiting for the woman to arrive. When night came and she had still not arrived the man went to search for her. The man searched and searched but he could not find the woman he loved. Days of searching became months and months became years but there was no trace of the woman. For years the man told himself "She must be lost, she loves me, somewhere she is waiting for me to come and find her." Slowly the man lost his sanity. The constant search for his beloved fiancé was too much to bear. The search began to make the man doubt himself and the people around him. The man lost faith in humanity and civilization but he never lost faith in the woman he loved.

Years later on a day much like the day of the forsaken wedding, the man became exceptionally irritated. No one would believe that the woman was waiting for him and that she had not abandoned him. The man smashed things. The man broke things and when he knocked over a candle that set fire to his house, he ran. He ran and ran until the burning city and desolate humanity was far behind him.

The man came across a cave and thought it a good place to rest. For years the man lived as far as possible from civilization. One day while walking in the forest the man came across a clearing. He was shocked, there sitting on a tree stump was the woman he loved. She shimmered in the light that filtered through the trees, her skin and clothing transparent and luminescent. She was clothed in a flowing white dress and wore a crown of budding white flowers in her hair. She was full of youth, her face untouched by the signs of age. She was waiting for him as if decades had never passed, as if their wedding had never come and gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to fan, vote excetra... and if you don't like this please don't let it stop you from reading my other stuff this really isn't my best :) and I want to know what you people think of this, do you like it? hate it? where do you think the woman was? (I know but I want to see if anyone else can figure it out) Thanks for reading :D