Pansy!Rikku

Rikku.

She's Al Bhed. Not a fucking pussy.

Why is she portrayed as one? Why in fanfics is she working everywhere BUT a fucking garage? She's not afraid to get down and greasy- it's in her blood. Liter-fucking-ally. She's a fucking Al Bhed. Don't portray her as someone who is afraid of a little grease.

Rikku, despite being the opposite in a lot of ways to me (she's loud & outgoing, I'm an introvert), she's a girl after my own heart. I like mechanics. Basically any Al Bhed is after my own heart in that manner, but I digress.

Just because she's a skinny, short, hyper blond doesn't mean she can't work in a fucking garage. Actually screw that, why are there only ever guys working in the mechanics fields in fanfics? There's even some guys who have no business in a garage working in a fucking garage, when I can name a half dozen other female characters who belong in the garage more then them. Rikku being close to the top (if not at the top).

And I won't even get started on Bitch!Rikku. Yes that has happened before.

SHE'S NOT AFRAID OF A LITTLE GREASE. FUCKING HELL.

(Yeah I haven't finished X yet but so what.)

Edit: And yes I fucking hate the sexism that comes with the mechanics and engineering businesses IRL as well. My mother was a successful Engineer, and she encountered shit tonnes of sexism in the job.