c h a p t e r s i x t e e n

today i had woken up later than usual climbing out of bed walking to the kitchen I saw a note that was stuck to the fridge that said 'ive taken lily to the mall, behave until im home' -mom i stuck it back to fridge and grabbed something to eat, all i done was watch the tv to pass time but never actually entertained me so i decided to call corey "hey" i said through the telephone "hi leah" he said rather quiet "are you okay?" i questioned him in a concerned way "yeah? im fine i just a busy right now" he told me "oh ok-" before i could finish he hung up "rude" i muttered then walking up the stairs to my bedroom.

my head started to fill with corey for a while until i stood up and walked over to the radio "just forget about him" i told myself before turning it on then dancing around, singing like i was one of the main characters in a movie.

That's all they really want...
Some fun...
When the working day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna (girls) have fun (they want)

i increased the volume when i heard a car pull in drive way and the front door opened "leah! turn down the music!" my mom yelled "yeah, yeah just wait" i yelled back walking over to the radio and turning it off "thank you" she changed her voice back to her original tone, i could hear lily run up the stairs i tried to lock my door but she had already pushed herself in "what do you want lily?" i asked her with an attitude "all i wanted to tell you is that i saw corey but like whatever" she started to walk back out until i grabbed her arm and pulled her back "carry on, what about corey?" i sat her down on my bed "nothing i just saw him and he looked different" she shrugged standing back up "what do you mean different?" i pulled her back down "er his hair was black no difference he dyed it" she told me "oh ok"

i picked up the telephone once she left and dialled his number "corey?" i asked "yeah? hi" he replied "lily told me you dyed your hair?" i sat back down on my bed with the telephone against my ear "oh yeah sorry i didn't tell you" he apologised "no no it's fine" i told him "okay" he spoke in a soft tone of voice into the phone after that we spoke for a while until my mom called me down, i told corey i had to go then made my way downstairs.

i walked over to the table and sat down "hello leah" she smiled at me "hey mom" i pulled a slanted smile back "how's you and corey?" she asked me whilst cutting up her food "we're fi-" lilys voice butted in "oh their really good their already planning getting on married" the sentence she just said made me choke on my food "what! no we haven't, don't listen to her mom she's full of nonsense" my mom started laughing "it's true mom!" i whined "okay okay i believe you" i saw her wink at lily then whispered something i slouched back into my chair, this was going to be a long night.
———————————————————
sorry i haven't updated in a couple of days but here it is!