She had accidentally helped the dark side.

She felt a lump on her throat and her muscle weakens at the revelation. She felt like she had the dark mark imprinted on her arm now.

She lifted her head, and her eyes met with Lucius from across the Courthyard. Scornful, fear, and pure evilness is what Diana can see in his eyes.  She hated this man so much, hated him for being such a nuisance. Hated him for what he had done to his own son.

Then finally she met Draco's gaze. She wanted to hate him, to loathe him so bad but ― she couldn't. How can love be this crazy? How can she love someone other people resented so much? It was maddening, but it's what she felt.

Those silver grey eyes ― Crestfallen. Like the turrets of the clouds disappearing and the darkness looming over the sky before the war started, when she was looking outside the window and deciding to give him a visit to the Hospital Wing. How did it turn to this Immediately?

She wished he could've been braver for once. Brave not for her, but for himself. It wasn't her that needed saving, it was him, yet he turns down every help he gets. She couldn't break him at all, she thought she could be the one to save him.

However this wasn't a fairytale.

This was reality.

She did found out, connected the dots and knew the truth. However what good does it make now? They're defeated.

The chosen one is dead. No one can save them.

Tears streamed down her face, and she felt Axel's hand running up and down her back to soothe her.

Her heart pained even more when Neville ambled slowly, step by step in a dreary pace towards the enemies. “Neville―” she fright, everyone looked at the clumsy boy who has blood on the side of his face, he was holding the sorting hat tightly in his grip.

“What?” Pansy choked in shock, Diana took a side glance at her and she had a hand over her mouth, crying silently and Theo's mouth went wide open. Blaise on the other hand looked awfully disappointed.

“Neville No―” She tried to reach for him just like she did to Draco however, Axel and Blaise had a hold on her, preventing her from stepping a foot.

“He can't ― that's not Him, tell him to stop” Diana shifts her head left and right to the two boys, seeking for help then groaning lowly before looking at Neville again.

He stood just a couple of meters in front of Voldemort, looking down on the ground with disdain.

They laughed at him, laughed because such a boy wanted to join the dark side.

She can't believe Neville was really going to their side. 

“I'd like to say something” He stated, voice quivering in front of the Dark Lord. Diana knew it must've took tons of courage just to even speak in front of the most dangerous darkest wizard they've ever met.

Voldemort gestured for him to speak. Seemingly interested yet at the same time not. And everyone went silent, listening in to the words of the boy.

“It doesn't matter that Harry's gone”

With those words, Diana wondered what was Neville thinking. On what he'd say next however her eyes laid on Draco. The pang in her heart was still strong. It was Betrayal, that's what she felt, that was the pang in her heart.