CHAPTER 3 PART 1

As Walker, Clancy and Thomas prepared to step into the slimy, oppressive darkness of the warehouse, Clancy beckoned the other two aside and said to the other two, in a barely audible whisper “well guys remember they may enemies waiting for us , in the darkness…be careful….  Try to move close to cover, and be quick…..all we have to do is take enough for the three of us, and an extra for backup…be quick….above all. the aliens may be sending search parties, to know about what is  happening’’

                  Well…I don’t plan on settling down here, with a poster “I want to die a horrible, unpleasant death by an horde of aliens in serious need of some skin treatment’’, if that is what you wanted to say..” walker said, with a heavy bite of sarcasm in his words.

 Thomas snorted, and Clancy looked pretty serious   “you will see”  and stomped off, evidently angry

 Thomas and Walker managed to look serious and stepped in. Clancy was right the atmosphere was such that the could be attacked easily….their high spirits rapidly fading, all three took out their rifles ,and become very alert to the slightest sound…

                  Suddenly, there was a creaking sound, and a loud crash in front of Walker…..he immediately pointed his rifle at the intruder, but then Clancy shouted…. “it is just a rat scurrying around causing some drums to fall….keep going..”

Walker sometimes didn’t understand Clancy..the guy initially said to be silent, and now was shouting himself…he probably had alerted every  enemy in the warehouse, if not in the entire area. Well , there was nothing to be done…

They ascended the second floor, they felt like total fools. Clancy was evidently cursing himself for his stupidity..

Then they saw a bright light, and saw 5 cyber machines, 3 Ares and 2 hammer machines standing unused….walker felt slightly elated….after all, their escape routes were still there..unless it was a trap..all of them  walked over…very cautiously…

         Thomas then looked at Clancy and said “ how many can you reconfigure, and how fast?”     “4 in fifteen, 3 Ares and 1 hammer..”

“Well be quick…this may be a trap” Thomas said

And just then , a shot rung out and hit a crate close to them…as walker and Thomas readied their weapons to cover Clancy..one things was sure…

 They were  not alone….