Kirishima's POV

So much for a normal patrol.

Dust stuck to my body from the rubble, and the smoke was suffocating. The heat of Bakugo's explosions warmed my back as I hit back a villain. We'd been fighting like this for a while. Back to back, without any help. I couldn't tell how long it'd been since the stairs to the upper floors had been blocked off, but I was beginning to feel claustrophobic. There weren't many villains on this lower floor, and they weren't extremely powerful either, but it was growing more difficult for just two high school students in a work study to fend them off. The one I'd just fought off had collapsed, finally. When I turned around to see Bakugo kick aside a villain in his usual barbaric style, I noticed the ceiling looked. . . different. I brushed it off, I was tired. We looked around for a bit in silence, wondering how we could leave. As well as the stairs being blocked off, the elevator cables had snapped. It would have been dangerous to use it right now, anyway.

I sighed and kicked a rock.

"We'll just have to clear the stairway."

Bakugo grumbled, neither of us were exactly thrilled about it.

We moved toward the stairs and started casting aside rocks. Bakugo was complaining still and I turned my head to make a joke at his expense. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the villain he had previously tossed aside standing again. The villain had some type of sharpening quirk, and his entire arm was now a blade.

"Bakugo!"

"Wha-"

I grabbed his arm and pulled him aside as the villain dived toward him. I looked at him, to check if he was hurt, and he was smirking.

"Come on Bakugo, don't do anything-"

He didn't let me finish talking before running at the villain. It wasn't much of a fight, except the villain did get a hit in and he was slammed against the wall. Bakugo shook his head and smirked again. Except, the villain didn't charge him again, he ran toward me. I activated my quirk, but I wasn't fast enough. I shoved the villain away from me and Bakugo knocked him unconscious. I felt a sharp pain in my side and put my hand against it. When I looked at my hand, I saw red. It was a bit alarming to have been stabbed, but I wasn't feeling too hurt because of the adrenaline rush. Although, my vision seemed to be getting blurry. From blood loss, I guessed. Bakugo brushed the dust off his costume and looked up at me. His eyes moved toward my side.

"Ah, Kirishima. You're bleeding."

"Haha. .  I didn't notice."

There was a loud crack above me, we both looked up to see more spreading across the ceiling.

Bakugo started to move forward but I thrust out my hand to stop him.

"No, Kirishima!"

The ceiling collapsed on top of me with a painful thud. Before blacking out, the last thing I remember was Bakugo screaming my name.

                                                                                            ~~

I woke up to see the sky, it was slowly but surely moving. I groaned. My whole body was racked with pains. I felt like I'd been crushed by rocks. My eyes widened. I had been crushed by rocks. I groaned again, this time from the irony. The rock hard hero, crushed by rocks.

"You're awake!" A familiar voice exclaimed.

I felt myself being laid against something and a blurry outline of a person leaned over me.