The Battle of the Eagle and Lion:

Start from the beginning

Byleth nodded, "Be careful not to get ahead of yourself Flayn" she warned.

Flayn let out a huff of annoyance, "You sound like Brother" she sighed.

"Wait you really have never done one of these battles?" Bernadetta questioned "But you've lived here your whole life" she added.

"That's true," Byleth said with a nod "But there was never any reason for us to engage in battle with the students" she concluded.

Dimitri chuckled, "I see, are you feeling confident about this Byleth?" he asked.

"Very" Byleth hummed in response.

A small smile fell over Dimitri's face, "That is very assuring Byleth" he began "I am certain that we can win this, after all we have spent the past half year training rigorously" he said then paused for a moment "You can depend on me Byleth... All of us, I hope you know that" he said softly then turned to the field "It looks as though the battle is going to start soon" he murmured "Everyone brace yourselves".

Dedue nodded, "We won't let you down you down Your Highness" he declared.

"Not only that but imagine all the ladies we'll get from winning this" Sylvain butted in.

Ingrid let out a grunt of disgust then shook her head, "You know what. Fine" she sighed "Whatever gets you to put in effort for us to win" she added.

"Tsk, all that matters is us fighting against worthy opponents" Felix said sternly.

Mercedes chuckled, "I'm sure there will be worthy people to fight there Felix" she hummed "I'm excited for it, we have been training hard for this moment"

Annette nodded her head, "I agree, remember we all have to try our hardest!" she beamed.

A wide grin fell on Flayn's face, "Yes!" she shouted "I shall try my hardest!"

"Professor, would you mind if I just lingered in the back?" Linhardt yawned "Fighting's not exactly my forte" he concluded.

Byleth sighed and shook her head, "Sorry Linhardt you all need to fight" she sighed "No one is exempt from it, we need to show them what we can do together as a class" she declared.

Dimitri chuckled and looked to her, "I take you have a plan for victory Byleth?" he asked.

"Of course, I do," Byleth confirmed.

Dimitri nodded, "Excellent, I look forward to your tactics then" he said. It looked as though he had more to say but Dimitri was cut off by the sound of trumpets.

It's time.

Byleth and Dimitri looked to one another, the Prince nodded and went to the front of them. "You should all know that I am not about to go easy on you today" Dimitri shouted then rose his lance "For honor!".

She heard a chuckle come from Sylvain. Byleth shook her head then went to the Prince, "Are you ready for the plan Your Highness?" she questioned.

Dimitri nodded, "Ready when you are Lady Byleth" he replied.

...

"Aww, come on Byleth" Claude shouted and twirled one of his arrows "You'll go easy on me won't ya?".

Byleth frowned at him, "Not a chance Claude" she yelled back.

Claude sighed "I guess you leave me no choice then" he replied and fired an arrow at her.

She took the hit then lunged at him with her blade. A couple of hits later and Claude surrendered, "I expected more of a fight from you Claude" she sighed.