No, You Didn't Let Me Drown

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I understand. What will it cost?"

The boy slipped between the gap of the door before silently taking a seat on one of the kitchen chairs as he watched Taehyung nod. The older man finally seemed to notice his presence (he had made a little jump when he saw the two cute bambi eyes watching him) and smiled.

Jeongguk anxiously bit his lip when he heard his boyfriend end the phone call with the rehab center. "And?" He asked Taehyung who came to sit down next to him, eyebrows furrowed together as if he was thinking hard about what he had been told.

"There is an involuntary commitment law which allows family members to petition for a court order to send people to treatment. Typically, the family will need to prove that the person is addicted and are at risk of harming themselves or others." Taehyung explained after remembering all the new information he had just received. "Which means we can get her into rehab if we have proof. They'll keep her in an inpatient treatment center for about two weeks. After this time period is up, the clinical staff will determine whether or not further care is needed."

Jeongguk nodded, unknowingly biting his bottom lip until it was bleeding. The older sighed at the sight and softly swept his thumb across the tainted skin before flicking Jeongguk's forehead. "Careful you." He chuckled before getting serious again. "If they won't let her enter rehab, we could always call the police instead and have her arrested for having drugs on her, though I'm not sure if you'd want her in prison."

Taehyung carefully watched the younger boy's reaction. Jeongguk kept a tough expression as he nodded. "If anything, I'd want her somewhere she'll be cared for and helped but if they won't take her... I'm not sure if I want her to just roam around like she does now."

"I understand." Taehyung nodded, patting the boy's thigh. Jeongguk let his head drop onto the man's wide shoulder before sighing. "How will we get proof though?"

"I know someone who works at the nearby police station. Last time we talked he said something about participating in a drug bust so I think he might be an expert on dealing with junkies." Taehyung explained. "I'll take care of the practical matters. You can just focus on facing her for now."

"I just hope she'll be a bit calmer this time."

»»————- 🥊 ————-««

"Mom."

Jeongguk stood behind the kitchen counter, having sneaked inside with Taehyung only five seconds ago. His mother was sat on the couch, staring at the television which only displayed static, a bottle of whisky clutched tightly in her right hand.

The woman's head snapped to him, the sudden noise having brought her out of her trance. "What are you doing here?" She yelled before jumping up, her eyes now going over to Taehyung. A glimpse of recognition was seen in her eyes and she knew she had seen the man before. "What are you-"

"He's none of your concern." Jeongguk cut her off, "I'm here to tell you I want you to go into rehab."

His mother barked out a laugh, slowly staggering forward to let the other side of the kitchen counter catch her body. "Rehab? Why should I?"

"Because- because look at you! When's the last time you've been sober for more than a day?" Jeongguk said, motioning towards her drunk state. He couldn't help but the notice the fear that ran through him the moment she got up and neared him. He couldn't forget what went down last time he was in the apartment. "I'll pay for your stay there, please mom, I just want you to be healthy and to know you're safe."

"I am safe, why the fuck wouldn't I be?" She rasped. "Go away Jeongguk. I don't want to see you again."

"But mom-"

"Shut the fuck up." She raised her hand, ready to slap her son but her wrist was caught by the boy's lover. Taehyung lowered his head so he could look her in the eye when he rasped. "You will go to rehab. You had enough time to fix your shit but you never did, even after getting a son and practically abandoning him. Don't you ever wonder where he is? Because he as sure as hell does wonder where you always go to."

The woman opened her mouth, eyes focused on Taehyung's ones that were ablaze with anger. Taehyung dropped her arm before telling her, "You will go now or I'll call the cops on you. Prison or rehab, it's your choice and you better make it a good one."

"You can't force me." She managed to say.

Taehyung chuckled, though there was no trace of humor in his voice. "Oh we can actually. If we prove you have an addiction, then you'll be forced into treatment and, well, I don't think it'll be hard to prove your drug abuse, no?"

A loyal gym member Taehyung had known for the past four years was an officer in the nearby police station. The man stepped out from the hallway with his colleague and started searching through the apartment for any kind of illegal substances. Another one neared Jeongguk's mother before telling her to calm down and take a seat, to which she heavily protested, claiming she had done nothing wrong.

After waiting around for about fifteen minutes the two men returned to the kitchen, their gloved hands filled with all kind of bags. "We've found multiple bags of various drugs, and after looking at the apartment, we've filed a report stating she obviously does not know how to take care of herself any longer, let alone her son."

Taehyung's acquaintance turned to Jeongguk. "She'll be treated for two weeks and after that the staff will have to make a decision about her future."

"Thank you officer." Jeongguk bowed to the man, his body still trembling because of the situation. He couldn't believe his mother was going to get real treatment.

"Thank you Minho, you're a real hero." Taehyung smiled, clapping the man on the shoulder. Minho merely shook his head. "I'm not the one who has been taking care of her son and making sure he is fed and schooled. If anyone's a hero, it's you Taehyung."

"I'm just doing what a boyfriend should do." Taehyung smiled before pulling Jeongguk closer, knowing the other was going to get lots of kisses and cuddles from him once they got home.

"Let's go darling."

»»————- 🥊 ————-««

I've been writing so much my back and neck hurts but i just like writing so much :) whyyyy

Anyway my search history is full of rehab questions now and i just hope no one thinks I'm having a problem or am forced into rehab lmao