As he sat shaking his head about Kenna's disapproving glances, Killian felt Brody lean over and kick the leg of his chair. He looked up as the boy motioned to the door.

Hayden, with his dark brown hair pushed out of his face to show off his broody green eyes, held the door open for Kiara as she complained about something on her daily list of complaints. The girls in the class immediately all sat up straight and turned toward the front of the room as the boys groaned under their breath and sank into their seat. Killian watched the two enter the classroom as Hayden laughed and half the girls lost their breath.

"A total waste of my time, Hayden," Kiara said as she shook her head.

"Professor," Hayden corrected her. "Or Mr. Hayden."

Kiara paused and raised her brow. She could see the boy trying to hold back his laughter as she tried to judge if he was serious or not. Suddenly, before he could ask her to have a seat, Kiara bowed dramatically.

"Yes, of course, your grace."

"Have a seat, Ms. Tobias," Hayden shook his head.

Kiara turned on her heels and headed for the empty seat waiting for her at the back of the classroom. As she passed down the row the senior girls looked up at her in awe and fear.

"Good morning, Kiara," they greeted her quietly.

"Morning!" Kiara paused to kiss some of her friends before putting her purse down on the desk with a loud clunk and clearing her throat. She looked at Killian as he pulled his leg off her seat and sulked.

"What's wrong?" she asked as she took a seat.

"Already took a sip from the devil's cup?"

"Get over yourself," Kiara rolled her eyes. "I heard about what happened at combat training yesterday. It's not cute anymore. It's concerning. You two have serious issues."

"I don't have any issues with him," Killian shrugged.

"Ah yes and Cerberus is just my imagination."

"Good morning, class!" Clare's voice interrupted Killian's retort as she walked in and everyone zipped their lips.

Kiara pulled out her notebook and a pencil as her classmates did the same. Hayden took a step back and opened up the floor to Clare as she smiled at him and took note of the senior class.

"I am so glad Mr. Hayden will be joining us this year for our sessions," she said. "I do not like to cancel classes when I am unavailable. With Hayden present, we no longer have to miss any lessons. I expect you all to treat him just as you would treat me."

"Yes, Professor Clare," the girls all nodded as their eyes moved to Hayden.

"Wonderful," Clare held back a smile. "So let's start. I hope you all did the summer reading. Who would like to share what they thought?"

Kiara's hand shot up in the air. Killian groaned and ducked.

"Yes, Kiara," Clare called out.

"In my opinion the treaty between the pixies and the vampires heavily favored the pixies," Kiara began.

Immediately, Shelby, the half pixie and half mermaid, whirled around in her seat and raised a brow.

"How?" the girl narrowed her eyes.

"Well, the vampire population is nowhere near the size of the pixie population in Australia," Kiara explained. "It makes no sense why they should have to give up more of their territory when the pixies already occupy ¾ of the land."