FOUR.

gripping the fabric where it's tied at the top tightly, saiki forced his legs to move, up the stairs and into his morning class he shares with kaidou and the misfits. saiki sets down the bento onto kaidou's desk before moving to his seat; him (luckily) being the first one in the classroom. which saiki is glad for because it would've been embarrassing if people seen him put the bento on kaidou's desk (and it would raise suspicion between the two and their slow-changing relationship).

and the pink haired teen doesn't know how to feel about this whole ordeal. he's never made bento before- much less for anyone, so this whole experience is new to him.

did i put the correct food? is kaidou allergic to anything i made? would he even eat it?

saiki stiffened.

this was a mistake.

standing up to grab it, he was about the take it back when he suddenly heard someone's (no there's more than one) footsteps coming up the stairs and into the classroom. realizing he was too late, saiki sat back down; mind slightly boggled at the fact that —holy shit is this something i'm going to regret—

the classroom door opened with a resounding echo and kuboyasu and kaidou's familiar faces walked through the door; their chatter ever present in the tired and quiet classroom. saiki's heart sinks at the fact that two people (as well as the students that came trickling in after saiki minutes after he did) are going to see his homemade bento for his crush. of course, no one is going to know it was him (because he kept it anonymous) but it's still a little embarrassing no matter how you look at it.

"woah dude! someone made bento for you."

the hell starts now.

"what? holy shit —my thoughts exactly kaidou— dude. i'm not imagining am i?" saiki side glanced the best friends and cursed himself mentally.

"whoever made this sure loves animal print." kuboyasu takes the intricately tied bento into his hands and observes the pattern the fabric is showing.

it's not my fault, that's all i had without raising too many questions from my parents... well more like mom.

"hey wonder who could've made this?"

"eh..." kaidou scratched the back of his neck and drew out a long breath, racking his brain as to who could be interested in him. "i don't have a clue."

turning his head, kaidou's peripheral caught saiki's hair and he brightened (it didn't go unnoticed by kuboyasu, who raised an eyebrow at the reaction) like a bulb. kaidou grinned and sat down on the chair the wrong way (unbeknownst to kaidou) with saiki's bento in hand.

saiki squinted at the box to feign confusion then back up at kaidou, who was waiting for him to finish eyeing up kaidou's occupied hand.

it's like the bento is glaring at me...

the fabric wrapped bento was slightly dangling from kaidou's hand movements and —i want this hell to end, this was a mistake, mistake, mistake—

"would you like to share this bento with me?"

—what?

"what?"

saiki voices his thoughts out loud and kaidou does the thing he usually does when he's nervous which is twiddle with his thumbs and it's so adorable—

now is not the time.

"well... since we've been together more recently i was wondering if you would like to share this with me? i mean... i know it sounds weird— that's because it kinda is— but i wanted to share... with... you..." kaidou trails off and turns insecure when he was finished with what he wanted to say.