"fine then don't. but partner was being weird and asking where you were."

how out of character...

kaidou thought. but that didn't matter as he felt as if his gut is twisting and turning from... something. kaidou couldn't put a name on the feeling even if he tried. "he was asking about me?"

"uhh yeah do you have wax in your ears or something?"

kaidou promptly ignored nendou's last sentence that came out of his mouth and changed out his shoes for slippers. coffee jelly in hand, kaidou set out to find saiki like a man on a mission (which wasn't hard as the teen loves to sit in the classroom until the bell rings).

"is that jelly for partner?"

"why are you following me?!"

"we're in the same class? man you sure do ask dumb questions."

i don't wanna hear that from *you* of all people.

kaidou rolled his eyes and opened the classroom door, scanning the room in search for a specific hot-pink haired, glasses wearing teen.

"hey saiki! good morning!"

said glasses teen turned his head towards kaidou; he takes that as an acknowledgement from the taller. the blue haired boy sat in a vacant desk next to saiki and placed the coffee jelly in front of the teen.

"again?"

"take it as an apology for not walking with you guys. speaking of... nendou said that you were asking for me," kaidou moved closer to saiki's face and lowered his voice to where only saiki can hear. "is that true?"

saiki stared into kaidou's eyes and a beat of silence falls between the two of them before saiki reverts his eyes to the front of the board, answering with a solid no.

"oh, well i couldn't walk with you guys because i had to take my brother to school. by the way, i was wondering if you would like to head up the the rooftop with me? i go there all the time and it's usually pretty quiet up there."

"sure."

"cool, cool so at lunch?"

"whenever you go."

"alright so lunch time."

kaidou straightens up with his usual smirk and moves to go sit in his assigned seat.

saiki takes a bite out of the gifted coffee jelly, refusing to admit that he felt his face heat up at the octave of kaidou's voice.

- - - -

kaidou spent most, if not all, of his lunches on the rooftop. there, he can relax and just cloud watch to de-stress. the feeling of the wind through his hair made kaidou feel less tense and more at peace, as well as the view from above. watching the clouds on his back, closing his eyes and just listening. to the birds in the trees, students laughing down below, to the distant cars honking during lunch hour.

the double doors of the school rooftop open with a silent scream. the heel of shoes clicked on the cemented floor, a destination in mind. said shoes stopped and the owner looked down to the tuft of blue hair with a blank look. the blue haired boy cracked an eye opened and smiled up at the teen looking above him. he sits up and pats on the cement with two taps, gesturing for the other to sit by him.

the pink haired teen took up the invitation and sat down next to the blue haired boy while he laid back down, head resting on his arms. saiki looked at kaidou.

i don't think i've ever seen him this... content before.

"saiki are you just going to sit and stare? lay down next to me."