𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

Start from the beginning

She hasn't shown to be aware of my presence so I sigh intensely.

No reaction. Might it be she's ignoring me? Is she mad?

I guess I'll have to find out.

I breathe out as I squish myself out stepping on the hard surface. Cautiously, I crawl down the side holding on to the still.

I think I'll attempt to be nice because she looks like she's going through it at the moment.

"Hey" I mutter.

"Hey" She replies roughly. The response was too vague so it's hard to sense what mood she's in.

Women.

"Are you not happy to see me?" I carefully slide next to her keeping my distance from the edge.

"Sure, don't you see how excited I got. Look my tail is waggling." She smiles fakely. I roll my eyes annoyed but relieved to see she still can be humorous. Given the fact I don't know what the circumstances are.

"Are you okay? Why are you out here?" I ask showing my first bit of concern in her. I don't know why, it feels like doing charity work.

"The view." She mutters.

I look down to see the whole town below us. I could see the school and church from here. I never knew this place looked so nice and perfectly set up at night. I look up to see the bright sparkly stars filling the dark atmosphere above us. The moonlighting up the place was the cherry on top. Woah, I didn't know we had this landscape upon us.

"Oh," I nod. This sounds so cliche but the view is truly breathtaking.

"You're mom called. Said she was going to come home later tonight. " She informs. I scoot closer curious about how the conversation went.

"Why?

"She didn't say." She shook her head. Her head facing straight the whole time.

I realized she hasn't once faced away. Not even a glance. It seemed she'd been doing a lot of thinking here. I may have been interrupting her when I showed up.

"Are you mad?" I ask her. She shook her head once again. This time she sighed dropping her head down to the side. Her eyes were watery and her sight was intense on the ground.

"No, just confused. " She confessed between sniffles. I understood she'd been crying this whole time.

I had the urge to comfort her and ask why she was sad. But I have a feeling I had something to do with it. And that'll just make things worse.

"About what exactly?"

"Dayanna isn't talking to me anymore," Harley admitted. I was quite surprised about this.

Now, this is interesting.

"Why? What happened?" I ask putting my arm around her back. My hand finds her shoulder and I hold on to her showing her my interest.

"She found out the truth."

"Oh shit," I say. I cannot comfort people even if my life depended on it.

"Mhm," She nodded.

"And how'd she find out?"

"I told her," She says. I recline my head back completely taken back.

"Really? Why?" I begin to ask.

"Because I'm an honest person I told you" She shrugged.

"Yeah sure whatever you say," I say in disbelief.