He started laughing a bit to himself and grinned lazily. "I'm holding Lia's hand," Draco giggled.

Thalia smiled at him and nodded encouragingly, even though she was kind of scared for his life. "Sorry, Professor McGonagall, we got lost on the way," she bluffed.

Professor McGonagall looked between the two with a raised eyebrow but then decided that she wouldn't waste any more time. "10 points from Slytherin for tardiness, each. Take your seats and we'll continue," she instructed.

Thalia nodded politely and pulled Draco to two seats in the back of the classroom, which was right behind two other best friends. Draco claimed that it was best to sit closer to the enemy because that was the easiest way to annoy them, thus being the reason why Thalia and Draco were stuck in those permanent seats.

"10 points?" Draco asked lazily, but in some sort of slow-motion shock. "My father will hear about this."

Thalia rolled her eyes and took out her parchment, then pulled some parchment out of Draco's bag for him. The bespectacled boy in front of her turned around and glanced at his blonde enemy.

"What's up with him?"

"None of your business, Potter," Thalia huffed. She always tried to be civil with him and his best friend because they'd never done anything to her but they made it pretty hard to like them when they were constantly pestering her.

The boy's redhead of a best friend turned around angrily and scowled at Thalia. "You can't talk to Harry like that, he's the Chosen One," the redhead informed, as if he doesn't say it every five minutes.

"Wow," Thalia commented, her words dripping with sarcasm. "Do you want a medal for being his best friend, Weasley?"

The redhead was practically fuming but Harry just smiled at Thalia, his brown eyes glistening in awe. "It's fine, Ron. Thalia, you can talk to me however you like," Harry insisted dreamily. "Well, that is, if you go out with me."

"It's Forthing to you," the brunette corrected, "and that's a no from me. Sorry to disappoint." Draco watched the conversation, barely able to focus on both Harry and Thalia, so he just settled for watching Thalia because she was prettier.

Harry simply shrugged his shoulders and smiled, unbothered by her response. "It's alright. I'll just ask you again later," Harry replied.

"Please don't," Thalia winced. Every time she rejected Harry, it made her feel more and more like a terrible person because you can only reject someone so many times without feeling bad.

"I've got to though, don't I? I've been doing it for years, who's to say I should stop?" Harry smirked, causing Thalia to roll her eyes in response. "One day you'll say yes and I'll take you on an extravagant date and you'll fall in love with me," the bespectacled boy predicted.

"One day," Thalia repeated, giving Harry some kind of hope, "but that one day would be in 100 years, and only if we lived to that time."

Harry pursed his lips together and managed to shoot her another smile before turning around to face the front of the classroom in defeat.

"What just happened?" Draco asked. If Draco had properly heard what Harry said, he probably wouldn't hexed Harry into next Tuesday. Draco never liked when Harry flirted with or asked out his best friend, and he's gotten pretty tired of Harry's fanatics after years.

"Nothing, Dray," Thalia smiled. She reached over to him and played with his hair soothingly, causing Draco's blue eyes to flutter shut at the comforting feeling. Thalia used to do that when they were younger and they would sleep in the same bed when one of them had nightmares until Draco made her stop because he was 'maturing.'