Chapter Sixteen

Hey everyone! I can't believe how long it's been since I updated this story and I had completely forgotten about it to be honest. But I was looking through the notes on my phone a few days ago and saw the rough outline for this story and it made me want to write again. I'm incredibly determined to finish this and I have the time now to do just that. Thank you to everyone who has been telling me to update as it really motivated and inspired me to write more. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chris's hand stroked my hair softly as my head rested in his lap. I sighed and adjusted my head slightly to look up at him. His blue eyes looked beautiful against the early evening sky. We had decided to walk to the local park and watch the sun set. It reminded me of our first date together. Our time at his house was drawing to a close and although I didn't want to leave, it wouldn't be too painful because he was coming to stay at my house until we went back to University in about a weeks time.

"So, love. Tomorrow's our last day together here." 

"I know, I can't believe how quickly it has gone. Better make it count!"

"I was planning on...y'know a day in bed..."

I giggled and sat up, placing a gentle kiss on the end of his nose. "You never stop, do you?"

"Well can you blame me with this beautiful girl sat in front of me?"

I blushed and bit my lip.

"See things like that drive me crazy! And you know we probably won't be able to do much at your mum's house...I feel...disrespectful..."

"Fair point but it's only a week Chris. I want to enjoy my last day here, you know how much I love it."

"Fine." He stuck his bottom lip out and began to pout playfully.

"Awwww, come here." I cupped his cheeks, my fingertips gliding over his scratchy scrubble. The beginning of a beard that he could never quite grow. "You're so adorable."

He looked down bashfully before leaning in to kiss me. I deepened it. He pulled away and kissed my nose softly. 

"I love you so much." He whispered.

I kissed his forehead. "I love you too Chris. You make me so happy."

"Let's go." He said softly, staring intently into my  eyes. "The sun has set and its getting cold." Chris stood up and extended his hand to mine. I took it and he helped me to stand. His large, warm hand soon found its way around mine and his thumb stroked my hand gently.

We made our way out of the park and down one of the country lanes that led the way back to Chris's house. I felt so blissfully happy in that moment. I felt like I was destined to be with Chris for the rest of my life. I felt his complete and total love for me and I basked in it. It would take extraordinary circumstances to part us from each other. I did not ever suspect that they would happen.

* * *

The next morning I woke up bundled in sheets, with Chris's arms protectively wrapped around my waist. I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck. I turned around slowly, careful not to wake him. He was sleeping soundly, snoring softly. His curly little afro was slightly messy and every time he exhaled a few wayward curls moved slightly. It was a completely adorable sight. I do not know how I long I lay there, observing the finer details of my love but eventually he stirred. His eyelids fluttered opened slowly and his beautiful, sky blue eyes finally focused upon me. 

"Good morning angel." Chris's husky morning voice broke the silence. "Have you been awake long?"

"I'm not sure. I was just enjoying watching you sleep. You're so cute when you snore." I replied