𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

There was not a single good option here. Either Tom would take me or the twins would. I'd be forced to love then forced to die. Or I could end things myself, that way the Riddle brothers would have to fight for power without mine.

"Make your final choice now. You either let me save you, or you die due to yourself or my brothers." He said with an even face. I already knew my answer, but I wanted to let him know something first.

"I'm not stupid, Tom. You'd kill me too. Thanks for you this lovely morning, but I have things to do." I said with a cocky smile. I'm not as stupid as he thinks I am, because apparently he figures I think he wouldn't kill me.

I turned and began walking back toward the inside of the school. I only got a few steps in before a hand grabbed the upper part of my arm, rings somehow managing to pierce my skin, even despite the thick sweater I wore.

He turned me toward him, we were so close I could see every detail of his face. His eyes were worried, studying me for some sort of emotion, but I was feeling nothing.

"I wouldn't kill you, but they would, Anastasia. And I am not going to let you end your own life." He said in a whisper. I rolled my eyes and let out a small chuckle. He thinks he's such a great liar, but I've seen better.

"If you're at least going to try and convince me, become a better liar first." I said firmly, jerking my arm away from his grip. The last I saw of him in that moment was a face between concerned and filled with rage.

I turned and walked back into the school, slipping my wand into my back pocket. I could feel his eyes shooting lasers into me, but I expected nothing less from him.

I walked into the school smiling, considering I had won over his incredibly sociopathic self. I turned around the corner toward the library, only to run directly into one of the last people I wanted to see.

Nicholas stated down at me, blue eyes twinkling with hidden intention; or so he thought. But, I could see right through his intention. He wanted to make me live him then kill me. Simple.

"What brings you to the halls this early?" He said with a grin, tilting his head slightly. Despite wanting to punch him in the gut then walk away, I knew he had leverage, well, Zachary did, and he knew the information too.

"I was just having a chat. Why are you here?" I asked boredly. He seemed to have little interest in the conversation, as did I, but for some reason he continued to talk.

"I was just coming back from beating up Zachary." He said with a smile. I tried not to act surprised, but I've only ever seen them get along, well, in their psychotic way.

"Ah. How interesting." I said with a nod, trying to end the talking. But, Nicholas seemed to be in a position where he wasn't near done talking.

"He thinks he's stronger then me just because he can know things about people with one touch. Surprisingly enough he's not even that good at fist fighti-" Nicholas cut himself off, realizing he had spilled too much information.

If Zachary isn't good at hand to hand combat that gives me a slight benefit. When I was younger, at Ilvermory, I took self-defense classes. We weren't allowed wands, only fists, and I excelled at that class.

I smiled with pure delight. Finally I had found something that can give me some leverage. But there are two problems with that. Zachary almost always has his wand, and Nicholas will always come to his rescue.

"I had a fantastic chat. See you later." I grinned, brushing past him. Though I appeared to everyone else as just a girl walking down the hallways, in my head I was forming a plan of action.

I'd need to get Zachary alone, and without his wand. I was dazed in thought, so much so I hadn't even realized Nicholas followed me down the hallway.

"Anastasia, wait." He said as he caught up to me, walking directly next to me. I snapped out of my head and looked toward him.

"What?" I asked with a sigh. Hopefully it's something good, because I just had a fantastic idea that I lose due to Nicholas snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Let me help you get rid of Zachary." He said in a whisper. I stopped in the middle of the hallway. I thought maybe I didn't hear him correctly. He stopped too, then turned toward me.

"It makes sense. If he dies I'll have a better chance of taking your power, and you won't have to worry about him." He said quietly. I blinked a few times to process what he was saying.

"What the catch?" I asked with a raise of my eyebrow. He's a Riddle, there's always a catch, no matter what it is. He paused for a moment, surprised I was so noted on what they truly do.

"I'm going to bind your word to me, so if we kill him, you will be of my possession." He replied.

I would be of someone's possession. It's even scary to think about. But, since I would only be in his possession and not forced to love him, I would take that route- and Zachary would be dead, so that's a bonus.

"Fine, I'll do it." I replied, clenching my jaw. He nodded in response, looking around to make sure no one was around before he spoke again.

"Meet me in the Chamber of Secrets tonight, there we will do the ritual and plot Zachary's murder." He said quietly, whispering the words into my ear. I could hear eagerness in his voice- he was eager to have his twin brother killed.

It could be a setup, of course, but I would come prepared, when leverage of my own— my life.