c h a p t e r. 34

Start from the beginning

"Ow, ow," Axel's face scrunches up, body squirming as he tries to get Nyx's grip to loosen but she's strong and it doesn't work. "Let go, ow!"

"I will be the one fighting you if you don't get your shit together, idiot." She snarls, giving a last yank to his ear before letting go and standing next to a laughing Anadi-- who expected no less chaos when her boyfriend is involved.

"Sorry, Cutie," He rubs his ear, glaring at the two girls. "I won't insinuate I know what your dick looks like anymore."

"Uh," Jazz honestly doesn't know how to reply to that.

"Speaking of dicks," Anadi cuts in, a wild smirk on her lips. "No hits below the belt, that's a little low, even for you A." Axel winks at her, making his girlfriend roll her eyes. "No biting, either. And remember, you grab Jazz's biceps, we're literally all going to beat you up. That a no-no."

"Wait, wait, about that," Axel turns to the musician. "Where's like, the range."

Jazz just stares with wide eyes for a couple seconds before moving to stand next to his friend, showing him by lightly grabbing the tops of his biceps and shaking the dude just because. "Here. Shoulder blades too."

"But why?" He scrunches his nose.

"Because I said so," Those words are not said easily. "And you'll respect that."

"I wasn't going to not respect that," Axel raises his arms in an innocent gesture, making Nyx snort.

"Right," She says. "It's not like you haven't done that before."

"That was an accident!" He's quick to defend himself. "Cutie tripped and I grabbed him, I didn't know he'd get a panic attack otherwise I would've let him fall."

"That's so nice," Nyx rolls her eyes.

"Question," Scar raises her hand, drawing everyone's attention and Jazz notices that Castor has a bit of moss mixed into his green. He... should probably ask about that once she's done talking. "Why are your biceps a no-no zone? 'Cause of the scars?"

"Yeah," Jazz rubs the back of his neck. "And the one who shall not be named cursed me to sing the coconut song every time someone touches me there. That too."

"Voldemort," Axel points at him.

"Exactly," He points back.

"Besides all that bullshit," Nyx said. "Are you guys actually going to fight now?"

"I'm not ready to lose yet," The stupid D'Silvetta blurts. "He's a hufflepuff but he's scary."

Fly spoke up, "I'm really starting to question your intelligence."

"He has none," Castor is quick to add, making all three girls laugh, Jazz smile, and Axel just frown.

"Alright, let's do this," He shakes out his hands, looking the musician up and down. "Strip."

Sighing, Jazz just pinches the bridge of his nose as Nyx slaps her best friend again.

He could practically feel his god's anger by now.

But like, it was valid.

No one likes having their boyfriend be told to trip by someone-- let alone someone as annoying and flirty as Axel is.

Castor's emotions were a bit more sensitive at the moment than usual, due to his anxiety and the nightmare, and Jazz could tell that he was barely holding it all together. So Axel making those stupid little comments was worse than usual.

For whatever reason, though, the god still wanted to see him spare (when he thought Damien would be the one he spared against, not Axel) before sparring with the musician himself. But if that's what he wanted to do, it's not like Jazz would stop him. He'll just be extra cautious of where he put his hands, knowing where the god had been hurt or scratched.