A wolf and the black sheep

She was not happy with this arrangement. She knew there is many different outcomes of the night, neither of them being any good for them or anyone for that matter. Yet she finds herself staring at what would be her own reflection, the face that looks back at her are far from her own that evening.

They had reasons to believe that both V.I.L.E and Carmen Sandiego would attend tonight's ball and charity auction. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, the problem this time however is quite simple; the event falls on October 31st, turning the whole event into a Halloween themed one.

A.C.M.E had of course costumes for the occasion, the slight problem is however, the costumes they had is few and she didn't get to choose for herself. Moving her hand towards her head, she made sure the fake ears were sitting on properly. The fake teeth are uncomfortable, the contact lenses itch, and the makeup was far from her liking.

Who ever thought dressing up as a wolf would be her idea of fun really didn't know anything about her. Then again, she did go unnoticed most of the time anyway. The only time they seemed motley interested in what she had to say is when she knew more about the art world than themselves.

Glancing towards the clock, Julia realized she had no time to find something else. The car that would take them to the event would be there soon and there was nothing she could do about it. Grabbing hold of her jack, bag and keys; she leaves her apartment and heads downstairs. Children dressed as monsters, superheroes and princesses were running around in the lobby as their parents tried to organize the trick – or – treat round.

Moving past the children as best as she could, Julia steps into the cold evening. She quickly pulls on her jacket just in time for an ACME car come into a stop in front of her. She could see that Zari had already been picked up as she opens the door. The agent simply nods her head in a greeting and Julia nod her head back. She kind of miss Devineaux constant conversation about one thing or another.

The silence that Zari sends out isn't all to comfortable, the woman giving out an air of always judging everything and everyone. Not that Julia really had anything to hide, or did she? Mentally shaking herself, she forced herself not to go down that road once more. Its enough that she has lost hours of sleep over it already, they are now on the way for a mission and she couldn't afford to lose concentration.

The car ride didn't last long and once it comes to a stop once more, Julia looks out the window; eyes landing on the big building. There is already a lot of people walking around, all dressed up and ready for the evening. It being clear that their work would be a lot harder than she first thought.

"Come on, let's move. We can't afford to wait around."

Zari orders as she steps out of the car and Julia had to fight the urge to roll her eyes and make a comment. If it had not been for her, they wouldn't be here right now. She's the one that had been keeping her eyes on upcoming events that would be of interest for the people they are supposed to be haunting, a try to be first on the scene and maybe have a chance to arrest someone instead of showing up once the deed had been done.

Pulling herself together once more, Julia leaves the car. Looking at the people walking around her, Julia couldn't help but to feel even more out of place. Zari took the lead like always and Julia falls behind, falling back into her own mind once more; it didn't mean she kept a watchful eye on everyone that walked past her.

"We better spread out, keep your eyes open."

Zari orders as they enter the building and Julia just nod her head, she had lost the energy to argue with her new partner. She watched Zari walk deeper into the building and Julia heads for one of the walls, deciding that it would be the best spot. She could keep a close eye on the dance floor, the front door and no one would be able to sneak up behind her. At least that's what she had thought, she was proven wrong about an hour into the event.