Chapter 16

The day of the event:
Your POV:
The day had finally come. The day I perform at the finals of this skating competition. We were in Russia. Me. Yumeko. And Teru. It was a good thing that I understood Russian. The amount of English speakers in Russia is small. I literally had to be the one asking for directions. Reading signs. It was something I was new to. Especially travelling abroad with friends before.

I've been abroad before. Several times. But this is the first time I've actually been abroad with Terushima. It's funny, really. We've known each other just over a month, and I seem to be spending more and more time with him. He's been there for me when I needed it most. Specifically the day my Uncle died and when I had to face my mother at the funeral.

It's been a long month and I've trained for this moment. So much. I have pushed myself past my own limits and faced the wrath of Yumeko and Terushima when I did push myself past those limits. I feel we've established such a strong bond over the last month. But now is not the time for me to be zoning out.

I had to call for a cab. To the hotel we were staying in. I completely forgot how cold Russia could get. We were currently outside the airport. Freezing our asses off. In St. Petersburg. I was the only one who didn't grab a warm enough jacket. Like the baka that I am.

"Hey look there's a cab!" Yumeko declared, her breath visible in the air.

"Ok. One sec." I say as I go to ask the cab driver if he could take us to our hotel.

He said yes so I called Yumeko and Terushima over so we could get into the warmth of the cab. We all sat down. Me in the front. And the others in the back. I must've fallen asleep in the cab cos Yumeko had to come wake me up. We all got out and I paid the driver. We grabbed our luggage and headed inside. Making sure we had everything. The three of us unfortunately had to share a room.

"Sorry I couldn't get two separate rooms." You apologise.

"Don't worry. It's fine." Yumeko says.

"Now let's all get some rest. You need to be in top condition tomorrow." Yumeko adds.

"Good point." You sigh.

We all took turns going into the bathroom and showering before changing. Finally it was my turn. I went in the bathroom and started getting the shower ready. I stepped in and stood under the water a while before doing what I needed to do. I got out of the shower and dried myself off, getting changed and then brushing my teeth. I leave the bathroom and notice Yumeko already asleep, but Terushima sat up looking in my direction.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Terushima asks.

I stare at him in shock that he was able to read me so easily. "Yeah..." I reply.

"You don't have to be. You smashed it in the semi-final. So you'll be fine in the final." Terushima says, trying to relax my nerves.

"I sure hope you're right." I say, before heading to bed.

The morning of the final:
I woke up kind of early and noticed Terushima and Yumeko were already dressed and ready to go. At least, I thought I woke up early. It turns out, I woke up an hour and a half before the event. It took half an hour to get there. So I basically had less than an hour to get ready. On realising this, I scrambled out of bed and quickly found my skating costume.

I headed into the bathroom and called Yumeko when I needed help doing up the lace at the back. She came and helped me do it up before passing me a hoodie Terushima had given her. I yelled a 'thank you' to Terushima and finished getting ready. I tripled checked that my bag was packed with the right things and all three of us left the hotel. This time, instead of calling a taxi. I had chosen something else. My Uncle Viktor picked us up. In his Jaguar.

"Uncle Viktor!" Me and Yumeko said at the same time.

"Hello you two. Ah, and who is this? Your boyfriend, Y/N?" Uncle Viktor said with a thick Russian accent.

My face went bright red at that statement and my uncle and friend just laughed at me. Yumeko went over to my uncle and told him something but I didn't hear what she had said. I ignored it and the three of us got in, awaiting the arrival to the finals of the competition I was vowing to win.

"You all ready?" Uncle Viktor asks.