The rogue's hand subconsciously rested on the axe that rest on her hip, Kate noticed this and narrowed her eyes, spectating the conversation they were having but with a more on guard positioning. "Why are you here?" There was no confirmation on the fact that they were also immortals, but there was no need to, the red eyes, ones just like hers, were obvious to what they were. The massacred bodies just proved it even further.

"I was passing through, but I came across a a few scents." That's when the dark crimson locked onto bright ruby red, their gaze didn't go unnoticed and the three other blondes couldn't help but scowl at the sudden intrusion the rogue had on their small coven.

"I... I did not realise that there was... a coven here." The woman said unsurely, tearing her eyes away from the one she wants to call home, steadying them on each and every woman that stood next to each other.

"Yes, well. We are not ones to go shouting out that we maintain a coven." The viking stood still, the same position she had stopped in when she first arrived, slightly hesitant on if she was allowed to step forward towards her mate or if she was restricted.

The silence was slightly deafening, but what caught the attention of the rogue was the increase in a heartbeat, her ears picking up leave crunching and labored breathing. Her eyes moved passed all four blondes and towards a man who stared at them with horror and fear fillings his eyes. It didn't even last a second as the viking dug her teeth into the neck of the fearful man, eyes turning lifeless as his body limped.

All four Denalis couldn't comprehend the speed the woman had, finding it unreal even with their enhanced speed as vampires themselves. Once the woman came closer, she wiped the blood from her lips and the dark crimson soon turned into the same bright ruby eyes they had.

"I apologize. I had not eaten since I left Denmark." The apology seemed to be accepted as no one had spoke, the rogue not finding it in her to leave just yet, and Tanya not wanting her to leave. "How... did you move so fast?" Tanya spoke, her voice gave the viking invisible chills. It soft and sweet, a higher pitch in tone compared to Sasha and (Y/n) couldn't wait to hear name leave the blonde's lips.

"Centuries of training. I assume you have been turned recently, no?" Tanya nodded, head tilting slightly that information. "How old are you?" (Y/n) wanted nothing more than to walk up to her mate and grip her chin gently, wanting to touch the soft looking features and run her hand through the curly blonde locks.

"Nearly four hundred... what's your name?" Tanya narrowed her eyes slightly at her question but widened when she realised how much older the adjacent vampire really was. "Tanya."

"...Tanya... Tanya..." The vampire whispered, testing the delicate name on her tongue, the blonde vampire could help but smile as soon as her name left the viking's mouth, it sounded heavenly to her and she knew that she would be selfish but she wanted her name to always leave the woman's mouth.

"I do not wish to intrude, but we both know why I cannot leave." Irina, growled first at the older vampire's words, Kate following suit. Sasha, however, took the initiative here, commanding both girl's to stand down as she stepped in front of Tanya, as to protect her. "We do not take too kindly to strangers, but seeing that you are Tanya's mate, I do not see why she should not stay with us."

"We do not know the kind of problems she will bring!" Irina hisses, resentment showing deeply within her eyes, her glare directed towards the well build vampire. "And nor did I when I turned you. Once you find your mate, I will accept them the same way." Irina scowled but nodded, Kate accepting the fact that Sasha agreed to the older vampire joining their coven pretty quickly.

"You may follow us, we reside in a closed of location a bit aways." The viking nodded, happily ready to follow her mate, Tanya grinned as well, loving the peace she felt when they locked eyes. The older vampire was trying her best to go the slowest she could, in an attempt to follow the blondes.

When they eventually halted, (Y/n)'s eyes came across a decent sized building, very different from the buildings she had seen when she resided in Denmark, Norway and Scandinavia. Tanya hesitated, her hand almost reaching out for her mate's, but she stopped herself and continued to watch the awe in the woman's eyes.

××

"She was in such awe, it was adorable. I wished I held her hand, I thought it was too early, but the time we spent together was too little." Tanya said, her head tilted down as she looked into the eyes of her niece, her doe eyes showed the same adoration and awe her mate had and it just brought a smile to her face.

"Where did she go?" The curly blonde's expression darkened, she shook her head immediately. Talking about the origins of the meeting between them was one thing, but talking about the pain she experienced when she was practically ripped from her mate was another.

"Another time, young one. I think it's time for bed." Tanya sent a look to both of her parents, who motioned for the little girl to get ready. Before she left her aunt, Renessmee had hinged the vampire and bolted off, not before saying a quick 'goodnight.'

Tanya had the smallest of smiles, the crowd was dispersing when they noticed her sorrow look, not wanting to face the wrath of an upset Tanya. Kate retracted herself from Garrett, giving him a look as to say, 'go on, I'll be right with you.' Eleazer and Carmen leaving the sisters alone as well.

"We should go somewhere private." Kate announced at her sister, sticking her hand out, waiting for Tanya to take. The saddened blonde took the awaiting hand, and followed her through the house and through the dense forests. As soon as they stopped was as quick as Tanya fell into Kate's arms. Venom pooling in her eyes but unable to fall, she sobbed out at her sister, stating in the unfairness that she no longer had her mate.

Kate shushed her, running her hands in through the curls in an attempt to calm her, Tanta relaxed slightly, but the pure pain that littered within her darken soul had rippled through her body.

She longed for her mate, the familiar and comforting Northern accent, the gentle hands that held her face when they kissed. Tanya missed it all.

Tanya missed her.

_________

hi guys, hope yall enjoyed this chapter. I really like this book. :)