┊ 𝚛𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 - 𝚣𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚒 𝚡 𝚐𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

this was originally gonna be a yandere oneshot (kinda like childe's) but nah angst w no comfort hits harder imo AND fits zhongli better 🥰 double whammy have fun besties

AJAKAAAAAJSF Fjajdfkakakalalsldlflglhlvkckdkfkgk?-$/&?&??&?????hhh

Reincarnation can take years. Perhaps decades, centuries — even millenia. It gives poor, unfortunate souls the chance of rebirth, to fulfill a life that they couldn't in their previous lives. To live a peaceful life that is rid of war, of sickness, of all the things that could end a mortal's life abruptly.

It is something that Gods and other immortal beings could never experience.

Immortality is not a blessing. It is a curse.

•••

"I see no other cure for this special illness."

If they could choose to be reborn, to be made into a better person, right this moment, would it be for the best to do so?

"Your condition grows more and more unstable by the second, Y/N."

Perhaps, if it puts them and their loved ones out of misery...

"I suspect that you won't have much longer to live."

Then it would be a wise choice.

"... I see. Thank you for helping me with this like always, Dr. Baizhu," Y/N replied. Their words were devoid of emotion as they stared down at the wooden floors of the pharmacy. Perhaps they were having trouble processing the news.

Baizhu creased his eyebrows, trying to confirm their decision once again.  "Are you absolutely sure you don't want me to—"

"—Yes, Dr. Baizhu. I am absolutely sure. If all else fails i can always try once more," Y/N cut the pharmacist off before he could finish his offer. They let out a heavy cough, and they downed a cup of water brought by Qiqi before starting to speak once again, "How much will this visit cost?"

Baizhu tapped his chin, debating between prices for this particular visit from Y/N. "Mmm... Just 100 thousand mora this time. Plus one thousand for the painkillers," He finally decided.

Y/N sighed, getting out their mora pouch and leaving Baizhu to do the counting. It's not like they'd be able to spend it all, anyways.

It's not like they had many days left to live. Perhaps they should start seeking out deals from Wangsheng Funeral Parlour.

•••

They saw a familiar face in the distance, sitting down at a table at Third-Round Knockout, listening to the stories that were being told. He never seemed to get tired of those stories, even though they'd be recycled frequently.

"Zhongli!"

"Ah, Y/N. You've arrived," Zhongli smiled warmly towards his friend. He motioned to the chair in front of him, where a cup of tea identical to the one in his hand rested on the table. "I've already ordered your favourite blend in advance."

"You're too kind," Y/N responded, taking a seat.

They took a single sip and sighed contently. Zhongli really did know their favourite blend well.