The sharp pop of peppermint entering the room made Charlie jump slightly, as he headed towards the settees rather than the arm chairs.

"Yes Mistress!" The little elf's voice was high pitched and soft, her eyes wide and a deep blue colour. Charlie had never imagined this life 5 years ago nor would he have wished for it, but life tends to serve you the unexpected.

'Prepare a tea tray please peppermint for two.."

"No..I'll stick to something a bit stronger love"

She huffed quietly before turning back to the elf. "Just for one then, and prepare me a selection of cheeses and meats please peppermint, bring them in with some bread and butter as well" the small elf nodded and snapped her fingers before disappearing with a pop.

The room stayed completely silent bar the sound of Charlie pouring himself a glass of whisky, Melissa looked on with displeasure. It wasn't long before Peppermint returned, a selection of trays floating behind her, she set them down on the side table beside Melissa.

"Thank you Peppermint, will you stoke the fire and get one of the other elves to fetch me my book from the library." She smiled as the elf nodded, her small hands reaching for the China tea pot. It wasn't long before the elf yet again disappeared with a small pop, this time Charlie threw back his glass swallowed the last bit of whiskey before removing his wand from his pocket and vanishing the glass down stairs to the kitchen. He stood and sighed.

"Im going for a shower and then to bed, feel free to join." He winked at her and her face darkened a few shades, he loved that he was able to cause that effect on her, but he often wondered how it would feel to see Larissa's face darkened with lust, her eyes large looking up at him. As he was climbing the large staircase the sound of classical music drifted through the arch at the bottom of the stairs, he smiled to himself before waving his wand to start the flow of water in the shower.

                                   *

On the other side of London in the one of the large rooms of Grimmauld place, Larissa Black sat at her vanity, her hands pulled up behind her head trying to fix a Bobby pin in place. It was a Friday night, meaning it was party night, and the wizarding bars in diagon alley were yet to be explored.

She pushed back the stool, and stood her body pointed towards the large old dresser that seemed to be two hundred years old, she walked over to it slowly, now deciding that the jeans and shirt she chose weren't the one, she pulled on a deep emerald dress that in a sense was much more classy for the upper end bars she intended to enter.

At the back of the draw her fingers swept over a ridge of peeling paper, she tugged at it hard attempting to peel it away, a small opening in the back of the draw gave way and within it sat a very small wooden box, engraved with beautiful floral patterns. Larissa shuffled it slowly out of the tight cubby, her hands grasping it when it was finally set loose. With the box now in her hands she lifted the delicate lid. Within in was what looked like a small gold contraption pillowed amongst dark green silk fabric, Larissa stepped back quickly to inspect it at her desk, her foot catching on the edge of the rug. The box dropped out of her hand and onto the hard wooden floor, the small gold contraption falling to the ground with it and hitting the floor with a similar impact, Larissa winced at the sound of smashing glass.

'Shit' she muttered, but the 'shits' multiplied as Larissa's  grey eyes watched a storm of dark purple smoke pour out of the box, she coughed as it flooded the room, she felt her head go light and then the room went completely black, her body collapsing onto the large bed.

Larissa woke suddenly, she sat up quickly on the bed, her head throbbing and her eyes blurry, there was definitely not sunlight streaming through the curtains 25 minutes ago, and the room felt cleaner and fresher, the curtains didn't have collections of small bite holes in them and rather looked full and heavy, they were a deep green velvet, similar to the extravagant bed spread. She stood, and looked around the floor for the box and golden thing but instead she found a pristine freshly steamed Persian rug that really wasn't there this morning. Instead of worrying Larissa thought it best to find out what had happened, and preceded towards the door but froze at the sound of voices she didn't recognise.