Chapter 4) Lost and Found.

Start from the beginning

"I came back because of you."

The ginger was taken aback, his mouth closed for a second before he raised an eyebrow to the male, "you did what?"

"I came back from my mission to find you. I got your beacon and came to realise you were worried. So, I'm back." Kylo explained, his voice distorted through the mask.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll call off your search party," Kylo spoke, pleasure from getting a jab at Hux was heard in his tone.

General Hux stood for a moment, watching Kylo already walking back towards camp, as his mind ran over the conversation that had just taken place. Then, he remembered one thing that made him rather annoyed.

"I was not worried!"

Three days had passed after Kylo Ren's disappearance act. The technician had successfully received the information from the droids and not one of the stormtroopers had been endangered by one of Kylo's outbursts.

It was the night of their sixth day there. Hux was beyond happy to be leaving later tomorrow, to return to his ship and get back to his usual schedule. The ginger was laying in his sleeping bag, busily occupying his mind with the idea of being 'home' and out of the cold.

Suddenly, there was a groan from his side and he turned over to see Ren tossing around in his bed. Hux raised an eyebrow, noting how the other looked pained in some way. Then, another groan was heard, but louder and you could hear the undertone of pain.

Hux decided to leave the other, try to get some sleep before tomorrow came around. So, he laid on his back and closed his eyes, continuing his thoughts from before.

A strangled cry.

Hux suddenly sat up and looked over to see that Ren was still asleep, but he was sweating and breathing heavily. Even though Hux hated the idea of helping Ren, he couldn't help but try and do something so he could at least sleep. So he began to slowly unzip his sleeping bag, taking his time and debating whether he wanted to do anything.

"Hux."

The General quickly looked back over and saw how Ren was now facing him, eyes wide, looking at him with a pleading look accompanied by his body frantically shaking. Hux speedily got out of his sleeping bag and crawled over to Ren, kneeling beside him and he began to worry about what to do.

"Hux," Ren repeated, his eyes closing as his breath became ragged, his chest heaving. Hux quickly reached out, putting the back of his hand to Ren's forehead to feel just how cold he was. He was freezing. But he was still sweating all the same.

"Ren, what's happening?" Hux questioned, knowing that Ren probably wasn't capable of replying at that moment. Ren began shaking more, sweat beads falling from his forehead quicker than before. "I'm going to get help, I'll be back-"

"No," Ren mumbled, weakly grabbing Hux's wrist to keep him there with him. Ren felt numb as if all of his body was shutting down, he felt like he was dying.

Throughout their trip, Kylo Ren would stay awake for hours every night and use the force. He was using the force, not for him, but everyone by tapping into each of their bodies- uniquely using the force to keep them warm. Ren was keeping the whole camp of 26 alive while he went sleep deprived.

Well, he was keeping everyone but Hux warm.

But by using the force the way he did, he felt everything affecting them; this then lead to his current situation.

Ren three his head back, another cry slipped from his lips as he now gripped his, half-opened, sleeping bag tightly. Hux suddenly reached out with his hands, cupping either side of Ren's face and looked into his eyes, occasionally having to wipe away sweat from Ren's eyes.

Hux had no experience in whatever was going on, but to then add Kylo Ren to the equation made him even more confused and maybe even worried.

Ren's shaking fit came to a halt after another minute or two, his body feeling weak as he tried to come down from his, somewhat, near-death experience. His eyes began to focus again, feeling come to his body and he began to realise what was happening.

Hux was sat in front of him, hands cupping his freezing cheeks and using his thumbs to slowly rub circles.

"Hux-"

"Be quiet. You're too weak to push me away and I'm too confused to care. Now, try to explain to me what the hell just happened." Hux didn't exactly know what he was doing or saying, knowing he'd come to regret his decision at a later date.

Ren groaned, squeezing his eyes closed before lazily looking up at Hux. Doing as he was told, he explained what he had been doing, saying everything he remembered before the whole event happened.

"So you're saying what just happened to you, just happened to one of the crew?" Hux questioned, he had stopped trying to bring warmth to the other's cheeks the moment he heard Ren wasn't keeping him warm at night. Spiteful as always.

"Yes. And I think I knew who," Ren replied, slowly sitting up and holding his forehead due to the sudden feeling of being lighter than a feather.

"Who?"

"Captain Teanu."

.•°○°•.•°✩°•.•°○°•.

Words: 1,622