Chp 7 : Slytherin Tricks Gryfindor

Start from the beginning

Zara , turning towards her sister (she was sitting besides her opposite Aunt Margaret) said , " Yeah , I am telling you should go for him , you totally have a chance and not to forget you actually work for him . Think about the hot office romance ." Ohk , I was shocked about hearing this and Laura didn't missed it , she has been looking at me the whole time . I turned towards mom silently asking her when did this happen but looking by the expression on her face she too was surprised .

Even Catherine and her family looked shocked . Catherine turned towards Laura, "You work at Malfoy Inc. ??"

Laura's Mom replied ," yes , she have been working there for almost a year now . Isn't it great ?" There was a proud and smug look on her face , but Catherine didn't looked happy with that and I think nor did her mom , Catherine asked Laura ,"Have you even met or talked to him before today?" But Aunt cut her and continued this time looking towards me "But this leaves you the odd one out , your cousins are all into high paying jobs and you are stuck with a measly government job"

I fisted my fists , the magic running under my skin waiting to be released . But I reframed myself and repeated the words in my mind Draco had told me the day I have read the reunion letter . 'Mione , people are gonna taunt you even if you are perfect , which you are according to me , Merlin! they are gonna question your intelligence for the work you are doing for the magical creatures . But it doesn't means their questions are valid . And nor are your relative's . You are what you want to believe yourself to be , not what others believe you are . Always remember this' .

And he was right . They didn't knew who I was , they will never know this . So their words didn't count . They didn't mean anything . So I closed my eyes controlled my anger and in the most condescending voice I could manage replied to her " Aunt , no job is measly and even if it is I enjoy it . Its pays my bills and helps to keep a roof above my head . My parents , my friends and even my boyfriend doesn't have any issues with my work . I hope you all to be accepting too about my choice of job ."

I realised my mistake the moment I stopped talking . Damn my big mouth .
Ashton immediately took the bait , "Boyfriend ? Didn't expected you to be interested in relationship and all . Why didn't you invite him to our reunion ?"

"Maybe because she didn't wanted to further embarrassed herself in front of us ?" Catherine wishpered low enough for Ashton Laura and me to hear it . Maybe my Dad too hear it becuase he tried to soothe me by rubbing his thumb over my fist . Forget hexing I wanted to break that pretty little nose of hers .

Before I should carry on with my plan or dad could reply to Catherine's comment , Uncle Mark said ,"I hope this boy of yours is of good background and you are not fooling around . You see whatever your profession is whoever you are , the bottom line is you are a Granger . We Grangers have a reputation in the society we need to uphold ."

"Don't worry brother , I have met the MAN my daughter is so in love with and I assure you  good background or not he treats my girl like a princess and what else do I want ." Even though I kept a blank face , I was shocked to say the least . Dad has never openly accepted Draco . I always thought that he had never forgive him for his past like mom has . Though he didn't stopped me from dating him . So it was a surprised to actually see him standing up for Draco . I wished that He was here to see this .

To cut the growing tension Uncle Mark asked Laura , " So dear , as Margaret said earlier you have been working for a year now at Malfoy Inc. So you must have spoken to Draco before right ? He is a powerful man , merging Taylor's company and making him one of our client would bring more fame to our Family ."

"Dad is right , have you spoken to Draco atleast once ? Because when he paid us a visit he didn't recognize you . What position are you even working at in Malfoy inc. ?"

For the first time since the reunion started , Laura looked tensed , not enjoying that the tables have turned and now she was at the receiving end of the brutality of her own cousins .

And even if I didn't wanted to admit it , its did pained me see the real faces of my so called family . Instead of lending each other a hand they pushed the others down to rise .

Before Laura could answer , my mom said , "You see Catherine , Hermione's boyfriend actually works at the Malfoy inc. and he told me that Mr. Malfoy is a very secretive person . Even the people working at the higher position rarely gets to meet him ."

I whipped my head towards my mom , who was pretending to be innocent which she wasn't . I really need to put some distance between her and Draco .

Aunt Margaret asked in a tone that stated that she didn't believed a word my mom had told ,"Hermione's boyfriend works at Malfoy inc.??" Everyone was looking at me waiting for me to deny the fact but before I could support my mom which I didn't wanted to , a voice I so well knew from behind me said ,

"As a matter of fact yes , I have known Abraxas (It is Draco's middle name) for a long time ."

________________________________________

DISCLAIME : I don't own the harry potter verse or any of the hp characters . The credit goes to J.K.Rowling .

This my longest chp I suppose and if I am truthful a little boring too but I am not gonna be truthful (srsly who is truthful these days) .