luke slowly removes his hand from julie's and cups y/n's cheeks, looking over her for any sign of pain. he brushes his thumb over her cheekbone, wiping her tears.

y/n places her open hand on top of his and luke wraps his calloused fingers around hers. "i-i feel stronger." he whispers, facing alex and reggie.

julie gasps. "alex, reggie, come." she says softly.

alex and reggie stand and they all embrace each other in a group hug, the other two's skin glowing as well once they come in contact with julie. "woah." reggie whispers. "i-i-i don't feel as weak anymore."

"yeah, me neither." alex agrees. "not that, you know, i was ever that weak." he adds, making the group chuckle softly.

the phantoms look to their wrists, and their purple stamp glows brilliantly before floating off their skin. "what do you think that means?" julie asks.

a tear of relief rolls down y/n's cheek as she smiles. "i think the band's back."

"you guys think we could try that hug thing one more time?" alex asks quietly. they all smile like idiots and put their arms around each other again, all holding each other, scared the others would slip away. "hugs are good." he says, earning real laughs from everyone.

"i like this." reggie agrees, his eyes still watery.

"me too." julie says.

"aww." y/n says.

"we played the orpheum!" julie reminds, spinning the group in a circle.

"yeah we did!"

they pull away and luke immediately hugs y/n on her own. his arms wrap around her tightly and he buries his face in her hair and she hugs back just as tight.

"i think we'd better give these two a moment." alex says, pushing reggie and julie out the door.

he holds her face in his hands as they look at each other, both still with red and puffy eyes. he brushes a fallen hair out of her eyes. "i'll give him this, caleb's dress sure looks amazing on you."

y/n laughs, sniffling and looking back at him. she puts her hands on the sides of his face as well, leaning her forehead against his. she closes her eyes and smiles.

he does as well, savoring the moment. his stomach full of butterflies, so much so that he can't wait another second.

he leans in and presses his lips to hers, pulling her as close as her can. y/n smiles into the kiss, her hands finding the back of his neck as their lips move slowly.

they take their time together, not wanting to take a second of it for granted.

luke pulls away and stares into her eyes before planting another quick peck making y/n laugh at his childish behavior.

he grins at her and hugs her again, before they hear a quiet, yet audible "aww." from outside.

they look over to see the three peeking in through the windows as they quickly look away.

y/n and luke laugh at their friends, before going out hand in hand, and in the future, the way they would enter the every performance, their hands always entwined.

and they did.

because they believed. they believed that they could make it.

together.

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

wow.

another book done.

i'm so proud of this book, and i hope that you guys enjoyed this journey as much as i have.

i am so happy the way this turned out, and i hope you liked it too.

now, for the important part.

i probably will NOT write season two (which there probably will be) because i wanted to end this one like this. i had this ending planned pretty early on, and i feel like this is a pretty good place to stop.

but who knows, maybe i'll change my mind.

i love you guys so so much, and it's on to the next story!

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ ✧.*

word count : 1124