Chapter Nine: Rest Day: Anxiety

Start from the beginning

He showed me where the sink, toilet, and bathtub were, guiding me on which way to turn the handles for the warm and cold water. 

“Thank you, Ej…” I muttered softly, earning a soft head pat from him. 

“Want me to wait for you?”

“Please....” I replied softly, hugging my arms close to my small body. 

“Alright. I’ll just be out in the hallway. Let me know if you need anything. I can get Jane to help you with anything you might need. I’m not a pervert, so I-

“Thank you, Ej…” 

“Y-Yeah, course.”

He left the bathroom quietly, closing the door behind himself. 

After the door clicked into place, I locked it, starting to undress. 

I stepped into the bathtub after and pulled the curtain to the other side of the wall then turned to the right, feeling for the handle to turn the water on. 

I found it and turned the water on a decent heat, enjoying the warm water as it traveled down my pale skin. 

I slowly sat down on the floor of the bathtub and broke down into tears. I just wanted to go home… I wanted life to return to normal… I wanted Ella back… I wanted my parents back…

Pitiful whimpers escaped my shaking body. 

I hugged my knees closer to my chest, burying my face into them. 

After about twenty minutes I finally stood up and got done in the shower, knowing I was wasting hot water. 

I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my head and body, sniffling and hiccuping softly. I wiped at my eyes, knowing they would probably be puffy and red. 

I dried off and got dressed then found a blow dryer under the sink. 

I dried my hair and then folded the towels and my dirty clothes. 

I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it, stepping into the cool hallway. 

The wood of the hallway was cool underneath my feet. 

I heard Ej stand and he gently took the clothes and towels from my hands. 

“I’ll get your clothes washed for you, okay?” 

I quickly reached out and grasped onto his arm, not wanting to be left alone. 

In this state I felt pitiful and idiotic… 

“Please don’t leave me alone…”

Such a baby… I thought bitterly to myself. 

“Alright, just follow me, okay? Hold onto my arm, you’ll be fine,” he said, beginning to walk. 

It was silent for a few minutes before he finally spoke again. 

“I probably shouldn’t ask, and I probably already know the answer… but why were you crying?”

My grip tightened on his shirt sleeve. 

“I miss my dog… I miss my home… my parents… I want to go home… I don’t want to be stuck here…” I whimpered, more tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. 

Ej let out a weighty sigh. 

“I’ll talk to Slender about going to get some things from your house. If it’ll help you get comfortable here, then I’m sure it’ll be fine.” 

“You would do that for me…?” I asked, wiping at my watery eyes. 

“Of course. You’re my friend. I might have only met you two days ago, but I care about you.” 

Never in my life had I received such kindness, except from my family. 

More tears began to fall and I started to cry, gripping onto Ej’s arm tighter. 

He merely pulled me into a side hug and held me close as he walked to the laundry room down the hallway, comforting my pitiful state.