15. We're all Hiding Something

Start from the beginning

"Why, of course," Hendery said, staring at the weed in his hand.

Without thinking, brushed some of Yangyang's hair behind his ear and placed the flower there, brushing some more strands away. "There you go."

Yangyang didn't say anything, smiling as he patted down the soil on the Earth. "Thanks."

"CHEN LE, YANGYANG!" Both Hendery and Yangyang looked up to see Xiaojun outside of the porch, calling for them. "I have dinner!! You guys don't have to work the whole day, you know!"

"Oh, that's Xiaojun, the guy who lives here!" Yangyang explained to Hendery. "Since me and Chen Le are homeless, he's letting us stay here if we help him with his plants."

Hendery frowned. "H-homeless?"

Yangyang shrugged. "Yeah, as in the streets," he explained.

"I- your friend told me you were orphans but..." Hendery trailed off.

"It's in the past," Yangyang said cheerfully. "All that matters is that Chen Le and I are alive, right?"

Before Hendery could say something in response, he could see Chen Le come up behind Yangyang, clapping his hand on the latter's shoulder. "Yangyang, Xiaojun is calling for us."

"Oh, I forgot about Xiaojun!" he exclaimed, getting up from the ground. "Hendery, you should meet Xiaojun, he's really nice and he's also Chinese! I think he also speaks Cantonese, right Chen Le? Prince Hendery here says he knows Cantonese."

"Yeah, cause the royal family has to know a lot of languages, Yangyang," Chen Le said, pulling Yangyang's arm. "Come on, I'm hungry for dinner."

"Oh yeah, dinner!"

Yangyang let Chen Le pull his arm towards the house towards where Xiaojun was standing outside, leaving Hendery in a very awkward position of whether to follow or stay back.

On one hand, no one knew the Chinese prince was here; he had lied to his bodyguards about meeting familiar friends and came here to see if Yangyang would be here again, which he was to his delight. If word were to get out that he had been here alone and it reached his father...

On the other hand, he still did not wish to part with Yangyang for the day just yet.

Ignoring the rational side of his brain, Hendery jogged up to Yangyang until he reached up, continuing the conversation. "Do you like this fellow that you've been staying with?" he asked him.

"Yeah, Xiaojun's really cool," Yangyang said, Chen Le still pulling his arm; Chen Le didn't make much effort to make conversation with Hendery, only being polite when talked to. Plus, it was obvious that Hendery had some type of weird feeling for Yangyang. "He gave us good soup the other day, I love it. Ah, Chen Le, I forgot to ask him the name of the dish."

"You can ask him later," Chen Le reminded him. "I'm sure he'll give it to you."

At that moment, they reached up closer to the porch, where Xiaojun saw them. "Oh, Chen Le, Yangyang- holy fuck-"

Ah. Hendery had forgotten that he was a common face among the public. Though... this was a different Kingdom, though.

"Oh, Xiaojun, this is Prince Hendery, he was helping us outside!" Yangyang exclaimed, pointing at Hendery besides him. "He's really nice-"

"He-helping?!" Xiaojun shouted. "Your- oh fuck, ah shit, I didn't mean to- your highness-"

"We can drop the formalities," Hendery said quickly, hoping Xiaojun wasn't going to faint like how Yangyang has in the past. "Huang Guanheng, it's a pleasure to meet you," he added, bowing down.