I ended up in the church. If I went home Daryl would go mad about the busted lip and black eye and the kids don't need that at the minute.
"I thought I was the only one that came here now" Gabriel says walking in.

"I'm hiding" I whisper as he takes a seat next to me.
"From who?" He asks.
"Daryl and everyone else that wishes to give me their condolences" I say leaning back.
"For who?" He asks.
"Rose. Me and Daryl didn't tell anyone because we wanted to tell may and Liam first. And well I guess you can see how well that went for me" I say pointing at my face.

"I take it that was May?" He asks and I nod.
"It makes sense why you have been distant now. But I believe you need to speak to Daryl" he says and I shake my head.
"Already done that... if your staying then I'm gonna go find a new hiding spot" I say and he shakes his head.
"I'm going" he says getting up and walking out, finally getting the memo.

I sit in silence for a minute before pulling my knife out and placing it against my wrists.
It lessened the pain then, why wouldn't it now? I question myself before pulling it up and throwing it to the floor.
We're on the edge of war. The least I could do now is go out like a soldier.

"May stop!" I hear our side before the doors burst open.
"Leave it Liam!" She shouts walking up to me.
"It's your fault!" She screams as Liam holds her back.
"I wish we never met you! I knew their was something wrong with you! You don't care about her or me" she shouts as my anger bubbles.

"Please leave" I say and she gets more angry.
"Your useless! I should have never let her ask for you to be her mom! You should have been their!" She screams.
"Yeah I should have been! Don't you think I feel guilty? I loved her as a child!" I scream as the rick and Daryl come running in loaded for a fight.
"You shouldn't have said yes" May states cleaning her face.

I stay silent before walking past her.
"Your not gonna say anything!" She shouts.
"So weak" she tells Liam as I stop walking.
"Weak? You can't be serious? I dragged both your asses over hell trying to find you guys a home! I'm fighting to save your home! And what the hell were you doing while the group was out looking for guns? While the ones we had were being taken? I'm trying my best but I guess that's not even gonna be good enough. Let's both hope this war kills me" I snarl in her face.

"Let's" she agrees as I let off a soft sigh and rub a hand over my face.
I turn around walk out pushing past the men as tears threaten to full from the anger.

"Hey!" Daryl shouts running up.
"Leave me alone" I say pulling my arm away from his.
"No!" He shouts.
"Why?" I shout back.
"I'm not leaving you like this" he says rubbing a hand over the bruise on my cheek.

"What am I gonna do?" I ask pushing my head into his hand.
"Survive. Like always" he says as his lip quivers again.
"I can't. Not anymore" I say and he pulls me into a hug.
"I can't lose you. I ain't losing you, okay? You will survive this" he says sternly as I bury my head in his shirt.

"She's gone. I tried and I failed, Daryl. I'm no better then my dad. At least he kept us alive" I say as he pulls away.
"You ain't anything like him. He tormented you in a modern world and you saved Rose at the end of the world" he says staring into my eyes.
I let out a small sigh as I hide my face from him.

"I said I would never cry again" I say shaking my head.
"I'm an exception. I don't want you hiding this stuff from me okay? We will get though this together" he says and I nod into his chest.
"Let's get home" he says pulling me up the hill to our home.

"What the fuck?" I ask daryl as people cycle in on bikes in the back of garbage trucks.
"Rick said he had allies" he grumbles.
"You should go help with the bombs. I'm gonna check the wall from the inside and make sure theirs no kinks" I say and he nods as we split.