Happenings

As a draft of air blew my hair back behind me as i strode out of the airport terminal, hoping for a familiar face but finding none as expected my gaze drifted over the scrawled signs and soon spotting my name slowly wandered towards the looming man. As I planted my feet square in the large man's path, the words "are you Ava?" left his mouth as he stared in shocked surpise before quickly regaining his composer and taking my bags as i nodded my head.

The journey to the  sleek black Mazda was short and painfully quite, as we arrived and he put my bags in the boot, the man spoke again "by the way miss my name is Rick" he announced as he walked towards me and stuck out his hand in way of greeting which I took and shook as I reached for the door with my free hand. However before my hand made contact with the cool metal Rick beat me to it and yanked the vehicle open and gestured inside with a wide smile on his face so instead of arguing I jumped in.

As Rick walked over to the drivers side door, i took the time to study his body language and his clothes. From my observation he looked to be in his mid thirties and wore traditional drivers clothes consisting of a black and white suit and black suit shoes. As he pulled out onto the main road i dared to speak and ask "why the look of shock, when you found out I was Ava?" I questioned the envitable as I turned my focus to the surrounding area, consisting of roads and trees as i waited his answer.

"Sorry about the look of shock miss, when I was told i was picking up one person and had to drop them at Lynwoods academy, I was expecting a teacher not a young girl, by herself." Rick answered in one long breath and as he finished gasped  for oxygen. Which I only noticed after tearing my eyes away from the bright green country side.

"So how long is the drive, Sir?" I questioned  politely as I anticipated the answer because I thought this boarding school was in a small city. I got annoyed with the last one because there was nothing to do, so you can imagine how much my step dad loved it when i got kicked out. Just meant he got to send me to another one even further away.