Chapter four: Love is in the air

Start from the beginning

"Here y'go," Maisy carefully handed Teddy to Amber, so ecstatic it was a little hard to make out what she was saying. "I be right back!"

While she sprinted to the stairs, Miles gave her a look of pure betrayal. "Amber gets to hold Teddy?"

"I haven't gotten to hold Teddy!" So hurt by his sister's choice, he leaned toward his girlfriend with his hand extended. "Here, lemme just–"

"NO!"

Miles froze when Maisy pointed at him, shooting him a dirty look aimed just for him. "He doesn't want to sit with you."

"Yeah, Miles," Gloating, just a tad, Amber stroked Teddy's fur close to her face. Cuddling with the toy as she grinned at Miles. "Teddy loves me."

•. •. •.

Since it was Miles' day with Maisy, they tried to think of something to do. Of course, preoccupying a toddler is easier said than done.

After being asked what she would like to do, the little girl promptly held her arms up and cheered. "Tea party!"

"A tea party?" Miles, very dramatically, clutched his chest and fell back onto the carpet. "I love tea parties!"

Maisy squealed at his reaction, very much so enjoying her time spent with Miles.

But, deciding she needed a second opinion, she jumped into Amber's lap. "Do you like tea parties, Amber?"

"Do I like them?" Amber, who wasn't much of a tea drinker, smiled and mimicked Miles' approach. "Mais, I love tea parties too! Can Teddy come?"

Maisy excitedly bobbed her head, grabbing both of their hands to drag them upstairs.

"You have to put your pinky out," Maisy stressed, lifting up her cup as she trained them. Tea parties were one of her favorite pastimes these days after she had received a little kit as a gift from her siblings.

Pretending to pour tea into each of the plastic cups, she passed out toy cookies to each of them. Including Teddy.

"Okay," Maisy instructed her company, holding up the cup extra high before bringing it up to her mouth. Of course, with her glamorous pinky out. "Now we go–"

She pretended to blow on the tea, before taking a nonexistent sip.

Amber and Miles locked eyes, smirking as they mimicked her proper composure.

•. •. •.

Their fun lasted for a while longer, entertaining the little one was much easier than expected. It was going great until something came up, and Amber had to leave the fun.

"Don't go!" Maisy hugged Amber's leg, staring up at her with pleading eyes. She had tried everything. But Amber still insisted that she had to go home.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but I have to." Amber bent over, gently rubbing Maisy's back as she tried to coax her to let go. "I'll be back tomorrow to play."

But, not understanding her logic one bit, Maisy's lip stuck out as she gave her best puppy dog eyes. "Pwetty pwease?"

"Not tonight, Mais. Maybe we could have a sleepover some other time though." Amber stood back up, letting Eric swoop down and snatch Maisy.

"No!" Maisy pouted in Eric's arms, stuck while she watched Amber duck out of the apartment.

"She'll be back tomorrow, come on." Completely sure Maisy couldn't attack Amber anymore, he released his restraint on her. Setting her down on the floor.

Eric expected her to follow him to the couch, trailing him like a curious puppy as she usually does, but when he turned back all he saw was her sitting on the ground with a cross expression.

"Maisy. What's the matter?" Eric's tone was less than concerned. More stern and parental, tough love.

"M' not talking to you stinky boys."

"Yeah, well–" Eric turned and kept walking, plopping down on the couch cushion next to Miles. Who, now was observing too. "I'm not dealing with you."

Miles internally cursed himself for asking, but the words left his mouth anyways. "Would you like to tell us why?"

Maisy crossed her arms over her chest, letting out an exaggerated huff as she childishly turned her face from them. "I wanna play with Amber."

Eric smugly turned his face back around just to smirk at her. "Well, look who's talking to us stinky boys."

In retaliation, Maisy stuck her tongue out at him. But she only received one back from Eric with zero hesitation.

"Alright, I'm home." Beau sighed to himself, hastily entering the house and dropping his keys in the bowl. "I had to stay a little later to get some papers in because of the–"

Before he nearly stepped on Maisy, who was still wearing an angry pout, Beau froze.

"Maisy...?"

At the sound of her name, from one of her nicer brothers at the moment, Maisy tilted her head back to look up at him. "Hi, Beauy."

Her pout faded once she saw him, nearly forgetting Amber's absence.

"Hi, Mais." Beau greeted back, his brows creasing. Usually, when he gets home, she's never sitting in the entryway. "Why're you on the floor?"

Those words reminded her exactly why she was angry, causing the pout to return. She glared towards the couch, blaming them entirely. "Eric and Miles are being doo-doo heads."

Beau cracked a smile as he bent down, although he was trying his best to keep a straight face. "What did they do this time?"

"Amber left." Maisy's lip stuck out, even if it had only been ten minutes.

Beau smiled, lifting her up so she was on her feet. "I don't think that's your brothers' fault. She's gonna come back soon. Right, Miles?"

He looked back from the couch again, nodding. Waiting a second until Maisy looked up, Miles decided he may have a solution. "Do you want to call her?"

With those words, her pouting was completely over. Instead, it was replaced with a huge smile as she giddily ran to the couch. "Yes!"

Amber gladly answered the call, promising Maisy many many tea parties and sleepovers to come.

______________________________

I love Maisy, she's so cute

But what do you think?

Please vote, comment what you think, and share!

Thank you for reading!
💛