He Met Her

***

***

"Finally done with all the boring classes", a girl heaved a sigh of relief coming out of her university.

"I am hell tired with all the thesis submissions and now all I want is some good sleep and this weekend no one can wake me up from the bed", thinking longingly about her cozy Queen sized bed, the girl started walking. As her flat is just two kilo meters away, daily she walks back home in order to reduce a few calories.

"What a pleasant weather", thought the girl walking on the pavement. All of a sudden, the downpour started, and thanking her mother who always instructed her to carry an umbrella in the rainy season, she continued her walk in the protection of her umbrella. In the midst of all the people running for shelter, she found a man sitting on the pavement with his head down not bothering about his surroundings. As a car was about to splash water on him, she placed her umbrella in a way that it took all the muddy water instead of him.

"Hey you will get mud all over you if you keep sitting here", she said placing her hand on his shoulder. Looking at his attire, one could say that he is from a well-off family.

"Did I see him somewhere? His face looks familiar", thought the girl looking at his handsome face.

He stood up and with a smile that didn't reach his eyes, he thanked her and started moving ahead with the same lost expression. Looking at his state, she understood that if left alone, he either would kill himself or put someone in trouble. So she just pulled him to a nearby food truck and made him sit under the tree to save him from the drizzle though he was already drenched.

"Boss, I don't know who you are but looking at you, I feel you are distressed. If you feel that you need someone to talk to, you can speak with me", she said sitting beside him wanting to know more about him in a hope that she could remember something related to her past because his face feels so very familiar.

"Are you sure?", asked the man not wanting to bother a stranger with his miseries.

"Yes", replied the girl with the same smile.

With a sigh, the man started narrating his story.

"I am Sanskar, CEO of Karma industries", hearing which she raised her eyebrows because the company he mentioned is very renowned and the CEO is all over the news.

"If you are trying to lie, I must say you are very bad at it", said the girl suppressing her laugh.

Looking at her expression, he let out a smile.

"Just kidding, I am Sanskar Maheshwari, an aspiring producer. I lost my mom and dad when I was a kid and all I have is my twin brother Vansh. My day used to start with him and end with a movie. Though I am just a few minutes elder to him, I have loved him and taken care of him like a father but then only a few days back I understood that I was never part of his life and he was just waiting for the right time to run away from me", said Sanskar looking ahead lost in his own thoughts.