Chapter 21 : Payback

Começar do início

"Where are you aiming at?", the boy at his front asked confusedly.

"I'm honestly not sure either", Marco replied politely.

As he said that, Jean leapt with the ball in hand and gave side dunk into the basket.

"Woah!!!, Outstanding!!", shouts went up from the spectators.

"Nice one Jean!!", Connie shouted from the bench.

Number 5 and 11 nodded at each other.

"Captain!", Curt passes to him. The captain caught the pass and went up against Thomas. He attempted to bypass him but Thomas was quick on his feet and tapped the ball from him. Unfortunately for him, he ran into Ikemoto. Thomas took a step back and tried to shoot. Ikemoto blocked him and went past him.
Marco came up on him. Ikemoto used his left arm to prevent Marco from getting the ball. He crossed the ball to his left side behind him and gave an elbow pass to the open space beside him. Number 11 jumped and executed a splendid dunk.

Score 11:9.

Dammit!

"Marco are you alright?", Thomas asked him.

"I'm fine. Sorry I slipped up. I should've known better", he apologized.

"Don't sweat it man. We're in this together", Thomas comforted him.

The two did a fist bump and went to meet up with the others.

Armin noticed something wasn't right.

"Bertholdt", Jean passed to him.
The quiet boy received the pass and shot another three into the basket.

"Here!", Eren gave the ball to Marco. Marco was marked by number 5. Marco used his eagle-like vision again and quickly calculated the distance and angle he needed to go around him. His opponent simply took a step back which surprised him but before he could make a move the ball was slapped away from his hand.

"What the heck?"

"What happened?"

"Marco lost it?"

"He mishandled?"

Marco couldn't believe it. Up until now, he had never mishandled or missed a pass. The ball had also never been stolen from his hand before he could make a pass. His eagle eyes have always been flawless.

At that point Armin and Hanji exclaimed at the same time, "Coach/Levi call a timeout".

Levi's eyed widened just a bit at their outburst before returning to their former position.

"Soon. Let Marco recover first", he replied.

Levi then shouted.

"The hell you standing around for? Focus!", Levi's voice rang sharp in Marco's ears.

He quickly regained his senses and ran after him. He couldn't catch up. Number 5, he just noticed, was way faster than him and he couldn't meet up at all.

"Forget it", Jean sped up to him.

Number 5 noticed Jean was hot on his tail. He quickly passed to Ikemoto.

"Matsuda", he threw the ball.
Ikemoto caught it and confronted Jean.

"It's finally time", he said.

"Yeah".

"The tension in the room spiked up at the conflict between the two players.

Finn suddenly stood up.

"What's wrong?", Reiner asked.

He didn't answer. His bangs covered his eyes so they couldn't see his expression.