Screw you, Eren Yeagar.

"Stop being stubborn!" You, a nurse at the Eldian hospital, is trying to redo Mr. Kruger's bandages around his forehead but of course he's being uncooperative. Mr. Kruger showed up with the other hurt soldiers, and ever since he appeared he won't let anyone touch his bandages. He claims he's perfectly fine and he needs no look over. You on the other hand believe it should be checked out to make sure everything is doing okay.

"Mr. Kruger will you please allow me to take a look? I need to make sure everything is perfectly in tack." Mr. Kruger looks at you with the same straight face he gives everyone at the hospital, " Everything is very much in tack, Nurse (Y/N). There are a lot of other patients in need of your assistance. Now scurry on." 

When he told you to scurry it pissed you off so you rolled your eyes and got your things and went to help other patients. Time went by and you exchanged glances with Mr. Kruger every once in a while.

"I wonder what he's thinking sometimes", You think to yourself. You quickly redo one of the soldiers bandages and he smiles sweetly, " Thank you miss (y/n)." You smile brightly at the man grateful that he was so nice, " You're very welcome."  You grab your things and it was time for lunch.  You went outside and sat on a bench. While eating a homemade sandwich, you heard the outside door open and saw Mr. Kruger was being helped by another nurse to the other side of the bench.

The nurse spoke sweetly, " Alright Mr. Kruger, only 15 minutes and then it's back inside." She walked away and you roll your eyes and eat your sandwich with an aggravated attitude. You see the patient looking at you out of the corner of your eye and you try to ignore him. He continues to stare and you groan and look at him with an annoyed expression, "What?" His blue eyes searches yours with that same expressionless glance and he finally turns away, " You have crumbs everywhere."

You blush embarrassingly and quickly wipe them off your nurse attire, and you groan. "This guy. Who the hell does he think he is. My mother?"  You get up not wanting to eat your sandwich anymore and you start putting it away.

"Can I have it?"

You look up from your lunch bag and you tilt your head, " Pardon?"

"Your sandwich. Can I have it?" You look at him thinking he was joking but of course his expression was as serious as always. You awkwardly hand him your sandwich and he nods, " Thank you." He looks down at the sandwich and back up at you and he rolls his eyes, " You have.. a crumb on your face." You freak out and quickly rub your hands across your face frantically trying to get it off.

He sighs, " Come here." You look at him with confusion and he gestures with his hand for you to come closer. You roll your eyes and lean down so your face is a little close to his. He slowly uses his thumb to flick off the one crumb that you couldn't get off your own face. You blush embarrassingly and think to yourself, "If only I ate my lunch inside."

He leans back into the bench and eats your half eaten sandwich and you awkwardly stand up and quickly grab your lunch bag and go inside.

After that you and Mr. Kruger would sit on the same bench everyday and everyday he would ask for the other half of your sandwich. He still never let you take off his bandages though, that's something that would never change.

A few weeks later you and Mr. Kruger were sitting on the bench and you realized you two never really talked about anything. You would just sit quietly enjoying the scenery of the grass, wind, and the sky. Today you decided to open up a little.

" So, Mr. Kruger. Do you have any family here?" He shakes his head. "Not here", he chews his sandwich while talking, " Far away." You nod, " I live with my mom, dad, and four sisters. They're hard to bare with sometimes, but I have fun with them."