Slytherin

Paisley

My heart sank down in my chest when the sorting hat said Slytherin. I suddenly became anxious, overwhelmed, shocked, and very confused. Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Fred, and George all had surprised looks on their faces. Why was I sorted into Slytherin? I've heard so many stories and rumors about that house and now I'm a part of it all. Is there a dark side of me that I never knew I had? And how was I supposed to stay away from Draco now if he will be in the same house as me? My thoughts were scrambling and I didn't know what to do.

"Miss. Jones, are you alright? You should take your seat at the Slytherin table now," Professor McGonagall said.

"Oh....yeah." I got up from the stool and walked in the direction of the Slytherin table.

As I walked over to the Slytherin table the whole room was again silent. I saw Hermione and Ginny give me worried looks whereas Harry and Ron just looked mad at the whole situation. As for Draco, he had a smirk on his face as if he already knew this would happen. I sat down across from him and two other boys that appeared to be his friends, and next to me was a girl with blond hair that looked oddly familiar.

After I sat down, Dumbledore announced that a feast would begin and then platters of food appeared across all the tables. He also introduced the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge, who was dressed from head to toe in pink. She worked for the Ministry.

"Paisley! I don't know if you remember me. I'm Daphne Greengrass," the girl said with excitement.

"Wait, Daphne?! Oh my god!" I said as I was really thankful and relieved that she was here. I haven't seen her since we were 8 and even way back then, we were inseparable. The fear of being in Slytherin and apart from my friends went away.

"I can't believe you're here! I was wondering when I would see you again. When Dumbledore said your name I -" Daphne started to say when a dark-haired girl sitting on the other side of her spoke up.

"What? you know her?" The girl asked Daphne with surprise in her voice.

"Yeah, we were best friends when we were younger," Daphne explained to the girl.

"Oh, okay then," the girl said suddenly sounding jealous. She shot a glare at me before getting food to eat from the table.

"That's Pansy by the way. She's my friend, but if you ask me.....she can be a little cold sometimes. And that's Draco, Blaise, and Adrian across from us. Adrian is two years older than us but he's friends with Blaise and Draco," Daphne explained.

"Yes. I've already met Paisley. I believe I said you would be in Slytherin," Draco said, seeming very proud of himself that he told me that, although he was right. I really didn't want to be around him because I knew all about him and what he had done to Hermione, Harry, and Ron the past few years.

I simply decided to just roll my eyes at him. He for sure didn't like that because he whispered something to the two of his friends and then proceeded to talk to me.

"Where'd you even come from anyway? Honestly you don't seem like a Slytherin. Hanging around mudbloods and befriending the Gryffindors....pathetic," Draco turned to both of his friends and laughed with them. I was sick of him already.

"You know what Malfoy, piss off." He sure didn't expect me to say something in return.

"Oooooh, not very friendly," Draco said.

"You know, I think we're all tired of your snarky comments," I said as people around us looked to watch us argue.

"Wow okay. Again, so you're now a Slytherin that is friends with Gryffindors. You know how that sounds, right?"