10

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Can you believe him? HE invited me to the stupid volleyball practice and then he says I shouldn't have went? 'You're so busy, it was a waste of time for you blah blah blah.'"

"Okay yea, he was definitely wrong for how he worded it."

"How he worded it? Are you taking his side?" you say into your phone. 

"No man, you always take things the wrong way. Of course I'm on your side, but I am trying to see where Kita was coming from. He could've just worded things weirdly. He's so blunt that he comes off rude sometimes," Mizuhara defends himself. 

You get up from your chair and plop down on your bed, "Fine, you might be right about that, but I'm not wrong for feeling hurt."

"Why are you hurt though? Last I remember, you don't like the guy."

"I don't know," you hesitate. You stare at the sky through your window. Dark clouds replaced the sunset sky, omitting any trace of light that was present on your walk home. "Before today, I was thinking that maybe I was wrong about him. You know, like he's not some vindictive person trying to one up me."

"Yea I still don't get where you thought of that," Mizuhara laughs, "Was this one moment really enough to just throw out your new positive perception on him though? Like people make mistakes and stuff, he could've just misspoken."

"That's what I've been trying to figure out myself. I just don't get where he was coming from. I know I am a busy person, but I also know he has a lot of responsibilities as well, so I wouldn't just choose to go to their practice unless I thought it would help with our planning. He just didn't realize that."

"Maybe he was feeling guilty? You guys were in the nurse's office instead of talking to people about the event so he probably thought your time was being wasted."

"That's probably what it is. Even then, I still don't like that he said that."

"Are you going to talk to him about it?"

You pause, "No."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Shinsuke are you alive?" Aran asks walking into the nurses office. His eyes go from his friend lying down to the untucked chair by the bed. "Did y/n leave?"

"I told her to go," he replies, sitting up from the bed, holding his head.

"Why? Wasn't she here to help you?"

"I didn't need help anymore, so her time was being wasted."

Aran doesn't say anything for a second. He blinks a couple times and tilts his head to the side to help think. The romance movie cliche he thought he would be walking into was destroyed by the lack of tact and bluntness of his friend. "You didn't say it like that did you?"

Kita's lack of response tells him everything.

"She left after you said that right."

He nods his head. 

Aran sighs and takes a seat, "Are you feeling better at least?"

"I think I have a concussion; my head hurts and I feel off. It'll also explain why I had trouble balancing while walking here." 

"So you think you're concussed and instead of asking the person who came here to help you, you decided to tell her to leave?" Aran asks, standing up to get Kita a new ice pack and a water.

"Well when you say it like that I seem wrong, but I was looking out for her time. She's a busy student and she seems tired in class sometimes, so I didn't want to be another reason for her to stay up late or waste time." 

  "Well she came by practice to discuss your event thing right? She could've worked on it while in the nurse's room and occasionally asked for your input or worked on with you if you were feeling good enough. Or maybe she didn't have much work to do today since she already planned to come to our practice." 

Kita looks down at his ice pack in hands, taking in the words of his friend. An ache blared through his brain but with enough focus, he was able to focus on his thoughts. He comes to a realization  and places the cold pack back on his forehead causing him to flinch at the iciness. The now melted ice pack you gave him still rested on the bedside table, leaving a damp reminder of you. "I messed up then." 

"Wow, it's great hearing that from the perfect Kita Shinsuke," Aran jokes, standing up to start tidying the room.

"Ha ha," Kita sarcastically laughs, "I'm serious though, I wasn't thinking. All I could think about were the dark circles under her eyes and I felt so guilty to be holding up her time." 

"Okay good thing you didn't say that to her," he laughs. He stands still in the middle of the room, looking around to see if he missed anything that is out of place then says, "Let's get going though, coach is still here so we can get a ride to the hospital from him. I'll quickly go to his office to ask so just stay here." 

"Aran," Kita softly calls out, "I should talk to her right?" 

He doesn't hesitate to say yes then exits the room, leaving Kita alone.