7

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Hey what do you think of dating in high school?"

"...I haven't given it much thought if I'm being honest. It would probably disrupt my routine though."

Aran rolls his eyes. He stops talking for a beat and listens to the sounds of his shoes hitting the pavement. Looking forward, he sees the school gates, "It wouldn't be so bad though."

"Hm, yea maybe," Kita replies, not missing a beat.

While Aran's questions lately have been geared more towards romance, Kita didn't think anything of it. Honestly, he thought that Aran might have feelings for a girl and that's why he kept talking about love. He never realized that those questions were directed right at him.

"Kitaaaaa!!!!!!!" a faint voice yells from the distance. As the screams continue, the speaker clearly comes into view, with his bleached hair and everything it's hard to miss him, "I heard from Suna that Aran locked you in the storage room yesterday is that true?"

Aran almost chokes on his saliva, but recollects himself while glaring at the oblivious twin, "Atsumu do you really think I am the type of person to do something like that?"

"Yea Atsumu, be rational here," Kita interjects, "I can't believe Suna is spreading rumours like that and that you're believing them. At this rate, you'll be no better than Itachiyama's captain and his rumour and gossip filled brain."

"Well I'm a better setter than him sooo I'm obviously already better."

"Don't get a big head about it you asshole," his twin says, catching up to the group and looking angrily at Atsumu.

"What's wrong with being confident in my skills huh!"

"Nothing, but you're over confident. Do you even realize how annoying it is to be near you? Everything is always about Atsumu!"

"They're fighting again," Aran observes, while continuing to listen to the boys' argument.

"Let's just let them be, if it's still a problem by practice then we'll do something about it." 

"You're really a pacifist at heart huh."

Kita shrugs and walks past the twins, looking back to make sure their fight hasn't become physical

•—•—•

"Hey so what do you think of dating in high school?"

"I don't know, I haven't really thought about. I mean I guess idealistically it would be nice, but I just don't see how I'll have the time."

Mizuhara sighs. He was expecting some sort of answer like this, but he hoped you would defy his expectations. With the gates in sight, he knew he only had a couple more minutes to plant the seed of dating in your mind, "Okay but wouldn't it be nice?"

"I guess?" you respond nonchalantly. Your mind was preoccupied with other things, mainly the event. Mizuhara's questions about love unfortunately did not sink into your brain, as you merely responding to him without thinking.

You spot Akagi near the gates of the school and call out to him. You swear you see him jump a bit, but forget about it when you see his calm demeanour.

"Hey, what's up," he says cooly.

"Do you know why there was oil and matts on the ground in the storage room?"

You don't notice, but Mizuhara goes pale.

"Oh I think it's cause Ar- I mean the gymnastics the principal decided everyone has to do. The oil helps move the matts around since they're so heavy," he replies, saving himself from revealing a secret.

"Gymnastics was awhile ago though-"

"They probably just forgot about it right Akagi?" Mizuhara quickly interrupts, "Don't worry about it prez, something as small as this is something the vice president needs to worry about. You just focus on the event!"

"Yea he's right!" Akagi affirms. While he doesn't know what Mizuhara and Aran are planning, he knows not to let their secret plan come to light. If keeping that secret means lying to the student council president, then he has no issues, "I mean Shinsuke told us all about what happened so we're already working on making sure our storage shed is nice and clean, like we talked to the basketball and soccer clubs and everything."

"Oh, okay then," you smile, checking off something else you took care of in your mental checklist. You and Mizuhara continue towards the school, hearing the verbal fight between the Miya twins and the whispers of all the observers. Passing the gates, you check the time, then look back to make sure the twins and the crowd watching their argument haven't started fighting each other.