Chapter 2

I stared at my now mate in shock. He is the alpha of the Midnight Mountain pack. If you were smart you wouldn't dare stepping foot into their territory. I had not realized they were so close to my old pack's borders.

"Hey, come on. Please, I'll help you clean. I'll have someone go out and get you some clothes."

I shook my head. "No I won't let you buy stuff for me."

He smirked, "too late, love."

I frowned and followed him up the stairs of his house. I couldn't stay here. I had to leave. There was no way I could do this. Becoming the luna of the pack was a huge leap for an omega. It was almost unheard of.

He motioned for me to relax as he went to prepare the bathroom. I took my chance and ran for it. My body screamed in protest as I jumped through the open window. I heard the growl and I could hear his footsteps running down the stairs in the house. I forced my body to go faster panting as wounds started to gush leaving a trail of ruby behind me.

I was coming up to the border when I was pushed down to the ground, hard. I thought it was Noah but I was wrong. It was a rogue who was booted from my old pack.

He started biting at me. I whimpered as he dove for my leg. What is with this shit today? I kicked him in the side of his snout and he changed tactics and went for the wound that was already in my neck. I howled in pain and as soon as the worst of the pain had come it was gone.

Vicious snarls filled my ears as I closed my eyes and fought off the sleep that threatened me. My laboured breathing filled the now eerily quiet wood.

I cried out when I was lifted into someone's arms with a grunt. I opened my eyes to see the body of the wolf who had attacked me ripped apart. Closing my eyes again, it felt like I was floating.

I heard different voices, one of them Noah's and then a door shut. We must be back in the house. "God dammit Bella, what the hell were you thinking?" Noah's gruff voice broke through my trance.

I whimpered, "Why didn't you just leave me there? Why not just leave me and get on with your life?'"

He stared me down, an unreadable emotion in his eyes. "Bella, you are my mate now. Have you not seen the torture it is to live with your mate dead? I watched it with my own eyes, my mother was killed in a war. My father went insane. He lost it, he was uncontrollable in his final days before he died. It is torture."

"I didn't know. I-." I could not physically say more as pain washed through me again. I whimpered and closed my eyes tight.

"Love, you have to shift. You're not going to be able to heal properly if you don't."

I shifted, trying not to scream. I fell to the ground in a heap, out cold.

"Run! Run, honey! Don't turn around. Don't go near her again!"

I listened to my father and ran down the stairs of our house. Dad my step mother were having a huge fight. Bad enough that our beta had to come and break it up.

I sat downstairs in the closet that my dad had built so I could hide in if anything happened. Tears were streaming down my face when I heard my dad yelling. I strained my ears to hear what was happening. A thud sounded.

"There Lilian. He's dead. Are you happy now?"

That was the beta, Samuel. The only other man up there was my father. I let out a sob knowing it was him dead. "No, no. Daddy please," I whispered to no one but the darkness.

"Very, you said yourself you wanted him dead. Now just decide what to do with that stupid little girl. We should just kill her too. She's extra baggage" Lilian replied to the beta.