11 - Bobby Did What?!

Start from the beginning

Carlos took something round out of his pocket "According to the internet, salt burns their souls out." Everybody's smiles dropped, getting replaced by a worrisome look. They glanced at each other with fear in their eyes.

"A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here."

He started to throw the salt across the whole room. Reggie flinched, pulling his legs up higher and his bass closer. Luke also sprung on top of his chair, trying to dodge the salt, a scream coming from him.

"Noo!" echoed through the room.

"Alex!" the girl screamed, pulling her hands up to her mouth in shock. He was hit with the salt.

"No! Oh god! I'm... I'm fine." He smiled proudly, straightening himself up again "I'm fine. Totally fine." At first, Mo wanted to throw a pillow at him but then decided against it, too afraid that Carlos would think it was a ghost and throw even more salt around.

Clearing her throat, Julie signalled Flynn to get Carlos out of there.

"Carlos, you know who's hungry? Me. Um, salt me a path to the kitchen."

After they were out, everybody took a breath. Mo pulled Alex' hoodie off, now feeling the blood rush through her veins.

"Shall we try this again?"

"Yes, please. But remind us later. There are some Sunset Curve songs to show you."

Julie was intrigued "Ooh! Show me now."

Hectically Luke grabbed his notebook, rapidly flipping a couple of pages.

"Home Is Where My Horse Is? Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal."

"Mo! I gifted that to you, what is it doing in Luke's journal?" Reggie crossed his arms, waiting for an explanation.

"I put it there because I knew it would be safe there. Plus, I was working on it and I put all my songs in Luke's journal. I haven't seen it since before the Orpheum. But I know it by heart." She clarified.

Luke walked over to Julie, ignoring the banter in the background. "I dog-eared the ones that I think you would slay."

Julie looked at some songs. "Who's Emily?" she asked, her smile getting wider. Mo jumped up from the couch. "That one's not dog-eared!"

Luke tried to grab the notebook, but Julie took a step back.

"If you could only know that I never let you go." She read out loud, chuckling a bit. "Wow, Luke I didn't know you were such a romantic." She said in a teasing manner.

Alex came to the rescue. "He's not. That one's actually about..."

"No one." Luke cut in, urging Alex to stop talking "Uh, that's just something that I tried and..." he tried to grab it again.

"Lucky girl... If someone wrote me a song like that..."

"Hey Julie, if you go to the next dog-eared page, I bet Luke has got a tune that's just amazing." Mo tried to change the subject.

"Yeah, yeah it got a killer beat." He sent her a thankful smile.

He started playing a riff of a song he and Mo wrote together.

"So, you wanna sample."

He stopped playing "What do you mean 'sample'?"

"Sample someone else's music. Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs all the time."

"Wait. You know that song?"

"Yes of course. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song."

"Nope. It's a classic our song." Luke clarified.