(𝑖) Chapter one

prom·ise
/ˈpräməs/
noun: promise; plural noun: promises
a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen.

Rei's POV:

I had a weird dream earlier today. I dreamed of a boy named Eren. But I didn't know a Eren. But I seemed older, it's weird, I don't know what it could mean some type of sign, who knows.

I was really confused.
I do wonder who this Eren is, I only saw half of his face. He had turquoise dull eyes, marks on his face, and it seemed like he was dying.

I shook my thoughts away about that dream. It was probably not important.

"Rei! Sweetie can you get fire wood please?" Mother asked. "Yes mother!" I yelled as I put on my shoes. I also grabbed the makeshift backpack to carry the firewood.

"Okay I'm leaving now mother!" I yelled. "Okay be careful Sweetie!" Mother yelled. I opened the door "I will!" I yelled before stepping out and closing the door.

I walked through the streets of my hometown. Then my mind wondered off to the guy named Eren. 'Why does that name sound so familiar?' I questioned myself.

"Hey Rei!" Hannes exclaimed drunk. "Hey Hannes." I said as I glared at him. "What's with the glare?" He questioned. "Aren't you supposed to be doing your job instead of being a useless drunk soldier." I stated. He started laughing. I sighed. "See you later Hannes." I said waving at him before walking away.

Timeskip

As I grabbed the fire wood and placed them neatly in my backpack. I started walking back when I saw a girl with black hair and a boy touching his cheek. He was the boy from yesterday.

He turned to me and we stared at each other for what seemed like forever. I just shook my head and started walking back.

As I got home.

I heard the bells ring and that meant Ryo, Lena, and Noah were back. I took off the backpack and placed it outside the door.

Ryo he's my brother he's seven years older than me. Noah is Ryo's best friend he's the same age as Ryo, he's like another brother to me. Lena is Ryo's girlfriend, she's the same age as both Ryo and Noah. I hope Ryo marries her, I really like her.

I walked quickly towards the towns center where the Scouts walked through after their missions. "Excuse me." I said occasionally trying to get in front.

But I saw most of the scouts were missing. That made me anxious, I looked through the people on horses. Until I saw Ryo looking down, I also noticed Lena was next to him. I noticed Noah wasn't there, I felt eyes starting to tear up. 'No Noah.." I thought.

I started looking frantically around the Scouts. Looking at their faces. Just despair and loss.

"Noah where are you?" I mumbled wiping my tears. I moved through the crowd to get in front.

"Ryo? Where's my boy?" I heard Noah's mother ask Ryo. "I... I-I'm sorry. Sophia.." Ryo said. "This is all I retrieved.. he fought br-bravely." Ryo stuttered giving Sophia something wrapped in a cloth. I was guessing it was Noah. Ryo got off his horse and comforted Sophia when she unwrapped the cloth.