High School Begins

REESE'S POV 

It was way too early to be up. Reese yawned and ran his hand through his spiky hair. He knew he'd have to spend a few extra minutes getting ready. He wanted girls to be ... drawn to him, so he was planning on wearing a new cologne. Girls love cologne, he thought. They will be thinking of me as a new man. He got out of bed and dressed quickly, then knocked on the bathroom door. "Hurry up in there buttmunch, quit looking at yourself in the mirror!" Malcolm swung open the door. "Very funny Reese, I was actually taking a shower, which I assume you can't even comprehend." Reese scowled, "I took a shower last night!" Malcolm shrugged. "Are you excited for high school?" Malcolm could tell Reese was a bit nervous, and was expressing interest because well, what else did he have to do that morning? Reese bit his lip. "I just wanna look nice for the first day that's all. I know I'm a bully but I have to do something to get the attention of the high school girls. I want them to know I care about my appearance." Malcolm shrugged again. "Whatever, suit yourself. Breakfast is getting cold and if you don't come out soon I'll take your bacon." Reese grimaced at him. "Hey!" They raced to the kitchen. 

............................................................................................................................................................

(Alison's POV) 

It was finally lunchtime. So far, my first day of school had been alright. But I had not made any friends yet. I have the whole year, I thought to myself. Today is only day 1 here. I walked around the patio, looking for somewhere to sit. I scanned the area and saw a kid sitting alone. Walking towards him I began to speak. "Hi, I'm (Alison), can I sit here? I'm new to the area." 

REESE'S POV

I looked up and froze. This girl had just come and asked to sit with me? Surely it must be a dream. 

'Well?" the girl asked. 

I stuttered. "Suure. What's your name?" she giggled. "I just told you. Alison." She had such a perfect smile. Of course she was new in town. If she knew I was a Wilkerson she would not want to sit next to me. "What's your name?" She looked at me as I drank my chocolate milk. 

"Reese." 

She smiled. "Like the candy?" I had never really thought about that. I giggled. 

'Yeah I guess so." 

She turned to start eating her food. "So what's it like here?" I shrugged. "Mainly a bunch of jerks and posers I guess, and then at the middle school there's the Krelboyne class. My brother Malcolm's in it. And I've got another brother Dewey but he's normal like me, ha." She turned to me and laughed. "I've never been in a genius class don't worry. And I have one brother but he's 20. His name is Henry and he's technically my guardian until I'm 18." I started in on a thought and I wish I didn't. "Cool! No parents?" She turned to me with a sad look. Dammit Reese, I thought, why did I say that? "I'm so sorry..." she shook her head and gave me a sad smile. "It's okay Reese, my dad walked out when I was younger and my mom died in a car crash. It's not like you knew." Now I didn't feel AS bad. I hope she doesn't think I'm an idiot, I thought. She seems really cool. I want to spend time with her. 

"So what are your interests?" Alison looked at me blankly. I smiled. "I like to play video games, I'm a bit of a bully, um. I play ice hockey sometimes. And I can cook pretty good." Alison nodded. "That's really neat. Um, I can't cook so good, I baked a volcano birthday cake one time and it exploded all over everything. Talk about bad timing." I giggled. "Wicked! I'd have totally gotten in trouble with my mom for that. She freaks about everything. Talk about a bored housewife." Alison giggled with a goofy smile. "Your house sounds like so much fun Reese! I wish it was that noisy where I was. My brother is really quiet." I took this opportunity. 

"Alison, do you wanna come over after school? We can play video games?" Alison looked at me and replied simply; "Sure Reese! That sounds like fun!"