3|| 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿

Start from the beginning

He nods and disappears for a moment. I push myself over to my desk which is conveniently pressed against the corner. My open laptop is creating a faint buzzing sound. I push the cat off my desk and resume my homework as Tommy babbles in the background.

•••

"Im on the soccer team, too! D-dad took me there today and I was goalie and I saved the goals and I was really good at it! An' Toby was defense an' helped me!" The sound of Tommys chatter helped be to push through a good percentage of my work, I only have one more page left, but I think I'll pretend to work just so I can hear Tommy continue on about his life, who knew listening to a kid for twenty minutes could be so fun? First grader gossip is better than you'd think, like, did you know Sarah kissed Greyson on the jungle gym at last recess? Because I didn't. And, the problem is is that Toby liked Sarah, and Greyson totally took her away from him! I informed Tommy that Sarah was a cheating whore, along with other insightful comments.

"Toby and I are a really good team! One time, one time they wanted to separate us because we we're so good and I cried." Tommys expression saddened "Aiden says I am not good at soccer because I'm half blind. But thats why I need Toby because I can never see the ball all the way, but Aiden just said it was because Toby was my boyfriend and was the only person who would date me because hes as equally of a freak as I am - Toby has tourettes - but that is NOT true! Aiden is jealous because he is bad at soccer! I don't even actually date Toby, actually. He is literally wrong."

I shrug "Theres nothing wrong with being a little fruity." I say while doodling a cactus onto my paper.

"I-"

"What're you looking at, child?" A familiar voice startles us both, Tommys whipped around. Im straining to see who it is in the blondes dim room.

Tommy sounds absolutely fucking terrified "St-stop it! Go away!" The speaker comes into light to look out the window, they're crouching next to Tommy, I freeze up.

"Is it that goddamn squirrel again?-" we lock eyes.

"Wilbur go away stop itttt!" Tommys whining, trying to shove him away.

"Oh shit."

"You!" Wilburs snarl startles Tommy, he actually stumbles back a bit. Poor kid.

"What are you doing harassing my brother?" Harassing wouldn't really be a good word to describe our conversation so far.

"He's telling me about soccer."
"What is your deal? Can't fuck me so you try and fuck my little brother?"
"What??" I giggle, I don't mean to giggle but I do.

Tommy has his hands on Wilburs dull yellow sweaters sleeve, tugging on it. It isn't aggressive, its actually pretty soft. Hes mumbling something to Wilbur, I assume its asking him to leave. Wilbur jerks his arm away, smacking the six year old in the face in the process. It doesn't seem purposeful, yet he doesn't apologize. Tommy now has his hands covering his nose, yelping.

"Wow, dude. Careful."

"How did you even-" Wilbur knits his eyebrows and pauses for a few moments "The Schlatts- Jonathan- oh my god." He looks shocked.

I raise my eyebrows, we just share this moment of surprise.

"Thats brilliant, thats brilliant. Let me guess, you and your goons are gunna-"
"Wilbur please stop!"
"Quiet! Don't fucking interrupt me!"

Wilbur contiunes ranting, Tommy looks miserable. I lean forward, grabbing onto my window and slowly shutting it, I don't break eye contact with Wilbur. Wilburs yelling increases in volume but its muffled. I shut the curtans and push myself back on my rolling chair and just sort of sit there, I'm shaken. The shouting stops, Im thankful. I guess.

I'll definitely ask Tommy about his soccer game later, I feel bad that Wilbur had to interrupt him. I hear my motherd call from downstairs, I raise myself from my seat and begin to make my way across my massive fucking room.

I go trot down the stairs, my mum asks me to set the table, I do so. The dining room is littered with boxes of various sizes. You never know how many missellaneous' you have untill you have to pack it all up and wisk it away to a new location.

"So, how do you like the new house, dear? Everything well so far?" My mother smiles. I shrug, meh.

"I spoke with the neighbors earlier. My window looks into a little kids room. Hes nice."

   Mom smiles "oh, thats lovely! Y'know, they have two boys which are around your age, eh? Might be new potential friends! Check into that, honey.." She says this like its an exciting idea.

I set down the plates "Maybe." I chuckle, its very obviously not genuine but I don't feel like telling my mum about my potential friends.

She lifts her head to call over my father who took no part in preparing dinner before continuing.  "I spoke to Phil earlier, he let us park the moving truck in his driveway, isn't that nice? Ugh, its such a shame I dont have enough time to chat.. We'll have to invite them over to dinner sometime."

I nod "sounds great."