3|| 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿

Start from the beginning

A little face popped up "H-Hello!" He squeaked.

I was shaken, this was a small child. No older then six. "Oh. God- Hello. Why're you- why're you watching me, lil dude?" All my previous irritation has melted.

"Sorry!" Not really a plausible answer but I'm not about to interrogate a literal fucking child.
"Im-Im Tommy!"

This kid is beaming at me, looking at me curiously like Im some sort of outer worldly being. He has wispy blonde hair and is wearing a red and white shirt, his face is lightly dusted with freckled an- oh shit.

"Woah-- gnarly scar you got there, Tommy." The kid is missing like, half his fucking face. (not really.)

"H-what?" It takes him a few moments "Oh yeah." He doesn't seem bothered, I guess he gets this alot.

The child is a pretty horrific sight. (I might just be overreacting, I often find children gross.) Theres scarring down his cheek, starting at his eyebrow and ending at the corner of his mouth. The damage is most bad around his eye socker. The flesh there seems to have been punctured multiple times. Theres no eye where his left eye should be, its just- gone. You can see inside his eyesocket, its a pinkish colour, the eyelids are fluttered a bit. someone - or something - sliced this child.

"What the fuck happened?" I curse at the small deformed child.

His gaze drops.

I wait.

"I got in a fight w'th a bear."

I laugh at how ridiculous this sounds. He laughs too, I guess it was just a joke. It didn't really deliver right, I think this kid has a lisp or something. Its pretty fuckin' annoying.

"Scissors." He gives me a little smile, a shy one.

"Scissors?" I quirk up an eyebrow

"Yes." He confirms.

"Scissors." I complete.

Im not even gunna ask.

"Im Schlatt, by the way." I always preferred being referred to as my sirname.

"How old are you?" He changes the subject, leaning on the windowcill a bit.

"Sixteen."

"Wow!" He gawks, his eyes - or eye - lighting up. A smile tugs at my cheeks, for the whole encounter I've been blank faced, but this boys excitement to talk to a real live teenager is too amusing not to grin at. "I'm this many!" He holds up five fingers on one hand, just one on the other.

I pretend to squint and count them. This seems to be very funny to him, he giggles happily
"Six!" I say finally, my eyes widening in fake astonishment. I've always been good with kids, I have alot of nieces. They love me.

"Yes!" He puts his hands down, slapping them onto the windowcill. His fingers drum at the wood excitedly.

"Sc-schlatt," hes leaning on the cill, his arms folded on the white wood. "Do you want to know something?"

I nod, trying to guide my roller chair over to me with the tip of my foot, trying not to turn away from Tommy too much. Im having trouble locating the damn thing.

"Today- um later my-my friend Toby is coming an' we- we're gunna play cars." It seems the more thrilled he gets the more he stumbles over his words.

"Can I- Can I show you my favourite car?"

I finally hook my foot on my chair and roll it over to the window, I sit. It sags under my weight
"sure, Tommy."

"Im gunna continue my homework, alright pal? You can continue talking, I'll be listening."