Happy Birthday Ed

Start from the beginning

"What do you guys wanna play?" Peter asked, once they were outside.

"How about cricket?" Edmund suggested.

"Okay!" Lucy said happily.

So the three of them spent the next hour playing cricket. Running, laughing, and having a wonderful time together. After finishing, they decided to take a break, and sat underneath the big oak tree in their yard.

"So, Ed." Peter said. "Are you excited for tomorrow?"

Edmund nodded his head eagerly. "I can't wait!"

"Me either. Peter replied. "I love my birthday."

"Tomorrow isn't your birthday!" Edmund exclaimed.

"Well, sure it is. I'm turning 9."

Edmund's eyes widened at this. "Nooo. You're 12!"

"I am?" Peter said, raising his eyebrows.

"Uh-huh." Edmund said, nodding his head.

"Well then, who's turning 9 tomorrow?"

"Me!" Edmund said, smiling.

"You?!"

"Yup!" Edmund said proudly.

"So tomorrow is your birthday?"

Edmund nodded eagerly.

"Well, you know what that means, don't you, Eddie?"

"What?" Edmund asked excitedly.

Peter winked at Lucy, who nodded excitedly, knowing exactly what Peter was about to say.

"It means..."

"TICKLE MONSTER!" Peter and Lucy shouted.

Edmund's eyes went wide as he gasped, trying his hardest to get away, but Peter was much quicker than he was. He'd grabbed Edmund around the waist in seconds, before lying him on the ground and tickling him. Lucy crawled over and began tickling him as well.

Edmund screamed, but was actually trying very hard not to laugh, in the end he failed. 'S-st-sto-op" He managed to say between giggles.

"Never!" Peter shouted.

Edmund laughed as he tried to pull their hands off of him, but he didn't have much success because he was laughing so hard.

Finally, after about two minutes, Peter and Lucy stopped tickling him.

Edmund took deep breaths, trying to get his breathing back to normal from laughing so much. A few moments later Peter helped him sit up, before pulling him into his lap. Lucy sat next to them, resting her head on Peter's shoulder.

"So, what are we doing for your birthday tomorrow, Ed?' Peter asked.

Edmund smiled at him. "Well, mum said she was going to make me my favorite for breakfast! Chocolate chip pancakes!"

"Sounds great." Peter said.

"Yeah!" Edmund replied. "After breakfast, mum says I get to open my presents! And then we will spend all afternoon at the park. Then we're having pizza for dinner, and my birthday cake!"

Peter laughed. "Sounds like it will be a lovely day, Ed."

Edmund smiled. "I can't wait!"

Peter smiled at him, and Edmund smiled back, before wrapping his arms around Peter's neck. "I love you, Pete."

Peter smiled widely, wrapping his arms around his brother. "I love you too, Ed."

Lucy smiled at her brothers before joining in the hug herself. Peter smiled back, wrapping one arm around her, and kissing the top of her head.