Chapter Thirty One - Heart to Heart

Start from the beginning

"Half an hour ride from your house. Just got into town."

"That's great! I was just—"

"I don't want to know. Come and pick me up. I know it's eleven in the night, but you are taking me out for coffee right now."

"Am I ?" He said, his eyebrow arching in amusement. "Okay. Let me see where the gang—"

"Just you and me. Bas." She said flatly.

Something about the tone of her voice bothered him. "Okay." He paused. "Then why don't you put on something warm, because I'm taking you out to the best coffee shop across the town."

"Uff! The day has finally arrived. You are finally fulfilling the fantasy of my life."

"Your fantasy with me in it? This is interesting!" He asked in a lazy tone as he opened his cupboard and started rummaging through the neatly stacked clothes with the phone tucked between his ear and shoulder.

"Don't ask. School Year Nine! I had harboured a teenie weenie crush on you for some time. And I would have fainted if Arnav Chauhan had asked me out then!"

Arnav burst out laughing, the phone almost slipping off his shoulder. "I don't know where you are getting with this flattery, my darling, but I have a feeling I'm getting laid tonight."

"Halkat!" She gasped. "Tu nahin sudhrega!"

"Who else can I talk shit with but you, Jelly?" Arnav chuckled as he pulled out a blue tee and a pair of jeans from the shelf. "I'll be there in half an hour. Be ready."

"Yes, sir. See you soon." Anjali smiled.

****

The coffee shop was a small, smart and a popular place serving coffee for decades on the outskirts of Pune, and Arnav was a known face to the staff. When they entered, the proprietor welcomed him with a hug and big smile and personally escorted them to a table at the farthest corner of the shop. After the initial small talk, he asked Arnav about Khushi, and he briefed him about her whereabouts, placed their order and let out a deep sigh as they finally settled down at their table.

"Kamine! You had brought Khushi here often enough for that old man to ask about her! And you never brought me here even once! Remind me to kill you once we are done here." She said through gritted teeth.

"Will do." Arnav chuckled. "Ab woh sab chhod, and tell me how you are," Arnav asked her with slight concern in his voice. "You had tears in your eyes when you hugged me, which has never happened before. What's going on, Jelly?"

"Arey kuchh nahin. Was just good to see you after so long." She said dismissing the look in his eyes. "So, tell me what happened at Eddie's today? I got stuck in Mumbai and missed the lunch with everyone." She groaned.

"Nothing much. You know about the villa Akky has booked us into in Lonavla for two days and one night. So we just discussed the details and other mundane things. Akky seemed very excited because all of us would be together after a long time." He said with a smile. "We discussed the logistics of getting there and got a headcount. That's all."

She nodded. "Akky told me the villa boasts a pool table and a swimming pool. I am sure the men must've had an orgasm just thinking about having those just for themselves for two days!" She grinned, and Arnav laughed. "And yes, we will all be together technically, but hell, who cares!" She turned her face to stare at the red tablecloth moodily. "I just hope we don't spoil it for him and Pi. There is too much friction between a lot of us at the moment."

"I know what you mean but we won't. We all love him too much to mess it up." He admitted dryly and saw the expression on her face change instantly. "Okay, will you now cut the bullshit and tell me what's going on?"