Chapter 35: Power is power

Harry pushed himself off Hagrid's arms, fell on the ground and quickly got up to shelter himself. Voldemort turned around angrily and pointed his wand at the boy, trying to catch him with different spells.

Potter jumped behind a column but Voldemort went after him. Everything happened so fast, but Catalina had no time to lose. The Death Eaters started running towards the her and the ones around them. And so did the students, professors and everyone involved. A chaos was created when all of them drew their wands and pointed at each other, casting spells. Some of them even used weapons or fought hand to hand.

They were all well determined to fight for their cause.

Catalina noticed Draco passing by her, in a hurry and pinning down a Death Eater. He drew his wand from his pocket and pointed it at his neck. She recognized him as being the one who threw Harry, Ron and Hermione in the cell and took her to the dining room at the Malfoy manor. With hatred written on his face, she heard his word clearly "Avada Kedavra."

She looked around disoriented and noticed a pile of platinum blonde hair fighting. He was against professor Lupin and it seemed like both of them were managing well. For a mere second, his blue eyes moved to her hazel ones, a moment which allowed Remus to punch him in the jaw.

She wanted to go there and pull them apart but at the corner of her eyes, she noticed two women fighting. Bellatrix and Molly.

Molly managed to block or dodge any attack that Bellatrix threw in her way. Catalina drew her old wand and stepped next to Molly, bravely. "She took everything from me. I am the one who should kill her." Catalina told Molly with a low growl. Her chest vibrated with each word she said and her anger was building up by the second.

Bellatrix just gave her a smug smile.

Molly nodded and stepped aside.

"Now it's just you and me, Bellatrix. Just like a few days ago." Catalina took a step forward, threatening. Bellatrix just laughed out loud.

"You are just a filthy mudblood, you could never kill any of us." She spat.

"We'll see about that." Catalina furrowed her brows. "Confrigo." She yelled. A powerful, lighting ball the same as fire, came from her wand. Bellatrix's eyes widened and she used her wand to block the attack. She took a step back and looked at the young witch, smirking.

"Maybe I underestimated you. I love a challenge." She laughed but Catalina found nothing funny in it.

Without using any words, she just pointed her wand at Catalina and several blasting green balls were shot in her direction. The young witch dodged them using nothing but her own reflexes. She bent her back backwards, watching one green ball flying right one centimeter away from her face. She straightened her back.

"Bombarda!" Catalina attacked this time but Bellatrix used her wand to redirect the lighting strikes around her. One hit a column and Catalina watched it collapse on several Death Eaters.

"Those are the kind of spells you use to kill babies." Bellatrix mocked her and laughed.

With eyes bloodshot and with an unmeasurable rage, Catalina slowly lifted her wand. "Avada-"

Before realizing it, her wand flew from her hand. A Death Eater stood behind Bellatrix with his wand pointed at Catalina. He used her attention on Bella to disarm her. In the chaos created, there was no way she could find her wand anytime soon so she did what she had left.

Running to Bellatrix, she tackled her to the ground, making her lose her wand as well from the impact. "I will kill you. Even if it's the last thing I do." She punched Bellatrix in the cheek with all her force. "You killed my child." Another punch. Her tears started falling on Catalina's face, blurring her vision. "The only thing that I loved infinitely. You took that from me." She punched her again.