VI. EMERSON THE EMPATHETIC

Start from the beginning

"Why are they sitting behind us?" Dawn whispers to her two friends lowly.

"We can hear you, you know?" when Atlas' voice came into her ear, Dawn jumped slightly and turns quickly. Him and his two friends all looked at Dawn and her friends with the most judgmental looks but they were used to it. Atlas, however kept his eyes on Dawn. "Not that it is your business Kale but we would prefer to not sit at the front of the class whilst Snape is here."

Dawn rose an eyebrow, and looked at Black. "Because he's going to move the three of you?"

"Look at that!" Atlas leans forward and before Dawn could reply, he had tapped her temple. "Not just a pretty face."

Both Calum and Emerson rolled their eyes, unlike Colleen and Drew who glared at them. All of their friends had found Atlas' interest in teasing Dawn annoying.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin. I -" Potter's voice came through the door, thankfully stopping them all. Everyone was able to see the clear look of disappointment on his face when spotting Snape.

"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down." Snape replied.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Potter asked, still not sitting.

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today," Snape told him with a twisted smile. "I believe I told you to sit down?"

Potter stayed where he was. The class was all looking back and fourth between the two. "What's wrong with him?"

"Nothing life-threatening." Snape said and Dawn was sure that he sounded disappointed. "Five more points from Gryffindor, and if I have to ask you to sit down again, it will be fifty."

Harry walked slowly to his seat and sat down. Snape looked around at the class.

"As I was saying before Potter interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far -"

"Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Red Caps, Kappas, and Grindylows," Granger began quickly, "and we're just about to start-"

"Be quiet," said Snape coldly. "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."

"He's the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had," Dean Thomas says boldly, and there was a murmur of agreement from the rest of the class. Snape looked more menacing than ever.

"You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly overtaxing you - I would expect first years to be able to deal with Red Caps and Grindylows. Today we shall discuss... werewolves."

Dawn looked up from her book, interested.

"I've encountered a werewolf once. It was an ugly thing." Black says loudly, "He wore glasses and his name was Potter-"

People laughed. Harry heard the comment and had decided he would take the detention for hexing Black.

"But, sir," Hermione begins, distracting Harry who was beside him and quickly interrupted him taking his wand out. "We're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start Hinkypunks -"